What makes Shellac lift and can you prevent it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pink poodle Eve

Reaction score
I have been doing shellac for about 6 months. I use all correct cND products and follow correct procedures for prep and applying but sometimes people comment that it lifts at the sides, is there a reason am I doing something wrong??

Can you list your application process from start to finish?
That might help us see anywhere you might be going wrong x

Could you be applying too near to the side walls? Be extra careful when doing your prep to get in the sidewalls - HTH xxx

Thank you possibly I am applying too close then as it hasn't happened with everyone just odd few.

I cleanse nails with scrub fresh.
Apply thin layer of base coat to nail play and free edge cure for 1 min. Apply thin layer of colour to nail and free edge cure for 2 then repeat. Apply thin layer of top coat to nail and free edge cure for 2 mins. Clean tacky
layer.

Base coat only needs curing for 10 seconds! Also, do you enough cuticle removal before using your scrub fresh?

Applying too thickly, not doing thorough cuticle removal, and shellac touching the skin are the reasons you will have lifting, so your problem might be one of the last two x

Are you using the CND lamp or the vintage Brisa lamp? X

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

You haven't mentioned any cuticle work before applying scrubfresh? Lifting is usually caused by cuticle left on the nail plate. You may want to look into your PEP again.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using SalonGeek

Thanks everyone will try those tips

Latest posts

Back