What makes you feel old?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That i love super mario bros on the snes!!

Thinking that my younger cousins shouldn't be doing those things at their age and then thinking, hang on, actually they are older than i was when i did that and i did it a lot worse! Haha.

Funnily enough i was talking to a client about this subject earlier and two things popped up.

1. Nokia 3310's

2. One of my client's children asking what a discman was....um, i used to have a walkman! Though it was very cool, it also had tetris on it xx

Freddos are 20p in our local coop.. Along with Fudge bars too ;)

Having my 3rd granddaughter due soon makes me feel old, but then my 4yro daughter makes me feel younger again lol
(I've 20yrs between child1 and child4)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Every time I get up I crack when walking :( THAT makes me feel truly old as I'm only 25!!!

Looking in the mirror... :eek:

Getting up from a pedicure and walking sideways like a crab for about 30 secs whilst making ouch noises ! .....

Remembering wanting to look older as a teen. Now I want to look younger!

Walking into TopShop and thinking "I can't wear any of this because I wore it all when I was 15".

Shopping in Urban Outfitters last week and being the oldest person in there! (I was even older than the staff!!!)

The fashion thing I can relate to! I got rid of my "young and slim" clothes a couple years ago and now I've lost weight and the fashions have come back in! Gutted! All my cropped denim jackets from top shop! Wish I still had them! Oh and my wedges! And a strange one "raver clothes" from late 90,s! My friend had a rave theme fancy dress I could of rocked up in my tye dye etc but its all long gone!!! X

That my daughter is going to be 21 next month ouch lol

One of my 13yr old clients asking about the Beckhams wedding and their thrones. Also asking about Princess Di dying.

She often asks what it was like in my day and I'm only 29!

Also not knowing who half the artists are on radio 1 and complaining about the noise they are making!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

That my youngest siblings which are twins going into their final year of school this sept and there is nine and half years between us!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm only 26 but when I was younger crisps used to be 3/4 to a bag full now they are 1/3 or 1/4 full !
Also chocolate bars used to be 30p now they are 80p and where have all the 1p pick and mix gone i used to love them ! Xxx

Well I am currently trying to get into the Hairdressing Industry (always wanted to but finally going to stop dreaming about it and do something about it)

But - being told by hairdressers that they wont take me on as a salon junior coz I'm too old and its cheaper for them to take someone younger... devastated :(

However, wont let it stop me!! :)

Well I am currently trying to get into the Hairdressing Industry (always wanted to but finally going to stop dreaming about it and do something about it)

But - being told by hairdressers that they wont take me on as a salon junior coz I'm too old and its cheaper for them to take someone younger... devastated :(

However, wont let it stop me!! :)

Sam, volunteer a day a week somewhere and let that be the first step of the stepping stones into the industry.
This will always go for you on CVs as many employers will consider very well an employee who off their own back works regardless of interruptions in their goal... I'm sure there is an easier way of putting what I am trying to explain but headache prevents straight thought lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Getting waaaay too excited about my new garden strimmer, and then being well chuffed when I figured out how to work the patio cleaner. My 14 year old self from long ago would be outraged.

Latest posts

Back