What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are my own, im still training

they are my own natural nails with a gel overlay, pink gel polish and magpie glitter fade

Attachments

• 2016-02-25 02.02.37.jpg
    2016-02-25 02.02.37.jpg
    762.1 KB · Views: 213
Love Winter Glow although I did need 3 coats on the full nails.. Boohoo!!

Attachments

• 1456436939217.jpg
    1456436939217.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 199
Nubar gelicure on my all different length nails...like to be odd!!![emoji6]
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1456438875.283533.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1456438899.953655.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1456438918.249680.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1456656485.284912.jpg

Two and a half week old Shellac "Nude Knickers", today pimped up with Stamping, very good to retouch the grow out area :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1456665365.744247.jpg

Beau shellac over acrylic with nails decals

[merged posts]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just done these today and still getting annoyed at myself for not being perfect. Haven't had any bookings yet but terrified when I do because I'm just not at all good enough!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1456683991.054777.jpg

Just done these today and still getting annoyed at myself for not being perfect. Haven't had any bookings yet but terrified when I do because I'm just not at all good enough!View attachment 194688

Nonsense!! Chin up love, these nails are beautifully done and any client should be happy to pay for your work.
Keep doing what you are doing and be confident in your skill, then focus on perfecting the small details, such as creeping up a little closer to the eponychium with your polish.

I've seen far worse jobs presented with arrogance by techs with far more experience lol

Just done these today and still getting annoyed at myself for not being perfect. Haven't had any bookings yet but terrified when I do because I'm just not at all good enough!View attachment 194688
You should be proud..they're very neat and tidy! I'd happily pay for them,Confidence comes with time don't worry xxx

I don't think confidence will ever come. I trained over a year ago!

Lol it will come. One day you'll wake up and realise that you really do know what you're doing.
I don't know anyone that ever thinks their work is perfect- I think all nail techs are perfectionists and we always spot things we wish we could have done better!
But you will learn to say, "I did a good job" and the client doesn't see the 'mistakes' you see :)

Last edited:
Just done these today and still getting annoyed at myself for not being perfect. Haven't had any bookings yet but terrified when I do because I'm just not at all good
I trained last July and haven't even advertised myself, I'm just practising on my friend. But they look lovely, I'd happily pay for those x

I took a year to advertise. Not had any clients yet because I don't push myself enough as I am actually terrified someone might book!!

I took a year to advertise. Not had any clients yet because I don't push myself enough as I am actually terrified someone might book!!
Do you get to practice on anyone ?

Do you get to practice on anyone ?
My mum every couple of weeks, myself and friend every so often but that's it really.

Lol it will come. One day you'll wake up and realise that you really do know what you're doing.
I don't know anyone that ever thinks their work is perfect- I think all nail techs are perfectionists and we always spot things we wish we could have done better!
But you will learn to say, "I did a good job" and the client doesn't see the 'mistakes' you see :)
This is so true xx

Latest posts

Back