What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this technique explained recently but haven't tried it yet.
I think (don't quote) that it's 2 x cream puff, then different coloured additives applied to the sticky layer, dots of top coat applied and cured, use dsphere to remove sticky layer to leave behind the dotted multi coloured shapes, then a full layer of top coat and cure ????
Please correct me if 'm wrong though - I love the effect it has and must try it soon x

Yes that's correct or you could top coat, don't remove inhibition layer apply additives, do dots cure then wipe inhibition or you could add another layer of top coat if you wanted a smoother finish x

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1380886009173.jpg
    1380886009173.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 529
I think (don't quote) that it's 2 x cream puff, then different coloured additives applied to the sticky layer, dots of top coat applied and cured, use dsphere to remove sticky layer to leave behind the dotted multi coloured shapes, then a full layer of top coat and cure ????
Please correct me if 'm wrong though - I love the effect it has and must try it soon x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380886184.790806.jpg

Yes that's right! Done here with Blackpool and the new Xmas additives xx

Finally we have the Forbidden collection in Australia ! Tinted love (j'adore!!!) and plum love additive :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380888382.194620.jpg

Gel polish

Attachments

• 1380888402499.jpg
    1380888402499.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 485
my first set of Halloween nails :)

Attachments

• Shellac-CrimeScene-1.jpg
    Shellac-CrimeScene-1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 571
my first set of Halloween nails :)

These are fab. Reminder me of Dexter and Blood spatter!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

These are fab. Reminder me of Dexter and Blood spatter!

that's the first thing my husband said too lol

I'm really confused by how this is done :-/ looks so so good!!! How have you applied the black so the dots of colour have come through??? xx

It's 2 coats of Blackpool, additives burnished in, dot topcoat where you want the additive to show, cure, remove tacky layer (taking excess additive with it) then topcoat again to finish.

Hope this makes sense?! xx

So the additives are on top of the black? X
if the additives are on top im thinking wouldn't the colours be the other way round x
I.e gold nails with a black dot x
Lol confused x

Yes that's right! I love it. I use gelish though so my white was Arctic freeze

The dotted top coat keeps the additive in place so once it's cured and u wipe over it removes the additive that hasn't got any top coat on xImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380900715.716638.jpg

So the additives are on top of the black? X
if the additives are on top im thinking wouldn't the colours be the other way round x
I.e gold nails with a black dot x
Lol confused x

Hehe! You're only putting topcoat where you WANT the additive. So if you wanted the whole nail gold, you would topcoat the whole nail. I only wanted gold dots so I dotted on topcoat and cured. When I wiped with alcohol, it took off any additive that wasn't sealed by topcoat, therefore leaving the black base xx

Hehe! You're only putting topcoat where you WANT the additive. So if you wanted the whole nail gold, you would topcoat the whole nail. I only wanted gold dots so I dotted on topcoat and cured. When I wiped with alcohol, it took off any additive that wasn't sealed by topcoat, therefore leaving the black base xx

Ha ha ha get you xx

How us the bottom left one done if you don't minx me asking its beautiful x

Hi! That pic is a step-by-step how you do it - just explained to Delish the procedure above.

xxx

Latest posts

Back