What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi VerdePurdy,
these are lovely. This shape now is also becoming really popular. What do you call it please. Its not really Stiletto and not really Almond, I can't find anyone who knows.:lol::lol:

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381772386.820667.jpg

Does this pic help? xx

You aren't too far from me so if you ever need help just give me a shout and we could meet up for a play! Xx

That's such a wonderful idea! I wish I was closer to you, I'd take you up on that in a shot. Coffee club and nail chat, perfect afternoon!

Xxxx

A clients
Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1381774488032.jpg
    1381774488032.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 583
My first set of Swarovski toes, I'm really pleased with them as was the client :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381777883.677588.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381777883.677588.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:
That's such a wonderful idea! I wish I was closer to you, I'd take you up on that in a shot. Coffee club and nail chat, perfect afternoon!

Xxxx

Aww bless you. It's a bit of a drive from Kent to Gloucestershire xx

Shellac Vexed Violette with silver foils.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381778602.070539.jpg

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

You aren't too far from me so if you ever need help just give me a shout and we could meet up for a play! Xx

Thanks Steph, that's a very kind offer. I'd love to do that! xx

So I was brave and used the Black additive to do an ombre today ...

Shellac in Nude Knickers, accents Black Pool and silver leaf.

I think these are super-classy!

Any tips for using the black additive??

I'm thus far too scared to pick mine up, but I so wanna :( xx

My sister's nails using Bio Sculpture High Tea Tulip with French White accent nails. Immortalising them as they come off in a week as she is my model for my refresh of sculptures!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 612
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381784282.278004.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381784292.225588.jpg my first set of French Brisa Lite extensions =)

Breast Cancer Awareness with BM and Pueen stamping

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381785658.071857.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381785658.071857.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 523
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381787300.839044.jpgmy holiday nails but am unhappy with my little finger so will be filing it down and trying again with different glitter

My first set of Swarovski toes, I'm really pleased with them as was the client :)

I'll try again piccy looked a bit ropey! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381787349.232747.jpg

I think these are super-classy!

Any tips for using the black additive??

I'm thus far too scared to pick mine up, but I so wanna :( xx

Tips : Hold your breath and hope for the best haha, I did make sure I used a tiny amount on my brush and built it up slowly in two layers where I wanted it darker, then wiped my brush and gently brushed down the nail, If some of the additive gets where you don't want it blow away the excess. I practised on a few pops first, by the third pop I figured how much to have on my brush. oh and make sure you really seal well getting round all the edges with top coat, as you can see on my thumb I missed a bit ;)

hth x

Thank you. Here's how it was done base cure, 1st layer of PP cure, apply second coat of PP to 2 nails do not cure. Imagine the nail split into quarters from cuticle to free edge. Leave half as PP, on the 3rd quarter apply limeade and on the 4th quarter silver VIP. Decant some silver VIP on to a tile and run a striping brush through it, then on the nail drag through the silver VIP and limeade into the PP. Keep doing this until you get the effect you are happy with running the striping brush back through the silver VIP on tile as needed. Move on to next 2 nails doing the same as above then the thumb, then cure them all as usual and apply TC. The reason I do 2 at a tome is you don't want the PP to settle as when you try to create the look it then drags and can look patchy as some of the solvents have settled and evaporated. Perfect for carving technique but not for this one. I've done this in pinks, and blues. Think it would look fab in greys, browns, purples, and reds too.

This confused me x lol x

This confused me x lol x

I totally got it in my head after re-reading like 4 times lol!!

Base coat
1 pretty poison coat and cure
From cuticle to free edge seperate nail in 2 half of it is pretty poison and do not cure
The other is is seperated in two horizontal halves one silver vip one limeade do not cure
On a plastic pad drop some silver vip and run a striper brush in it

Drag the limeade into the pretty poison and the silver vip into the pretty poison over and over until you get the desired effect. Cure
Top coat and cure

Is this correct?! I so want to try it its GORGEOUS!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

I totally got it in my head after re-reading like 4 times lol!!

Base coat
1 pretty poison coat and cure
From cuticle to free edge seperate nail in 2 half of it is pretty poison and do not cure
The other is is seperated in two horizontal halves one silver vip one limeade do not cure
On a plastic pad drop some silver vip and run a striper brush in it

Drag the limeade into the pretty poison and the silver vip into the pretty poison over and over until you get the desired effect. Cure
Top coat and cure

Is this correct?! I so want to try it its GORGEOUS!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Yes that's it except do a second layer of PP all over the nail then pop limeaid and silver VIP on top of it on the one half x

Latest posts

Back