What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are lush, the colours and flowers are amazing! X

I've popped my stamping cherry! Not perfect by any means but I'm pleased. I've mixed Cuccio Chillin in Chilli with Megamix and Irresistible silver holo glitter with Megamix for ring finger. I've then stamped with Barry M silver foil effect polish.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1405767943029.jpg
    1405767943029.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 601
Thanks Claire bear you make it sound easy . Bet it's not . How did you manage to do the cream so neat and leave a hole in the middle . So impressed would love to learn this. Also I have had nothing to do with brista lite ... Is it easy to use? Xxx

Lol well I hadn't tried it before so it was a bit fiddly and like i say I bet someone show a really easier way of doing it. Brisa lite is just a clear gel but you can use clearly pink shellac or even top coat for the same look. This is the picture I copied off and then my own take on it :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405778063.000312.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405778071.979120.jpg

Glitters & nail art done freehand with cream puff - wish I had striping tape!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405809956.269624.jpg

My Sunday nails :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1405852065517.jpg
    1405852065517.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 531
These are mine today, actually had time to just sit and play with stuffImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405871954.660750.jpg

View attachment 47142
View attachment 47143

Mine today - CND Retention+ Sculpts with Shellac in Dark Lava & additives in Gilded Gleam, Blush Bronze Frost & Steel Dream.

Pics show nails with full additives, and after where topcoat has been dotted xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

I am still working my way through this thread (from the beginning) and came across these.
I love them, especially the first picture. I love the colour. Did you mix all three additives together to make a custom mix, or are all three separately applied to the nail?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405875938.079636.jpg

Had a go at some cherry blossom today. Shellac cake pop layered with grapefruit sparkle for the base and shellac purples and cream puff for the blossom.

I am still working my way through this thread (from the beginning) and came across these.
I love them, especially the first picture. I love the colour. Did you mix all three additives together to make a custom mix, or are all three separately applied to the nail?

They were separately applied in 3 sections xx

I thought I would share my latest nail challenge, but I stupidly forgot to take photos. A close friend wanted 007 nails, for a James Bond themed 40th birthday party. But she is going to Portugal for a wedding a couple of days later, and didn't want James Bond nails at the wedding, and she couldn't fit in two visits. In the end (after lots of hand painting practise and nail pops) I did a full CND manicure in Desert Poppy, with a light spattering of silver hollo glitter on an accent finger. Then I applied custom made (from the Nail Bird on eBay) water decals based on the attached image and the 007/gun logo, and finished off with Seche Vite top coat. That way she can remove the decals with non acetone remover, and still have lovely summary nails for the wedding.
They looked really good (even if I say so myself).
I would have preferred hand painting, but everything I tried (that wasn't a 'cure' product) stained the manicure underneath when removed. The technique I ended up doing also works with stamping on a finished manicure, and again use Seche Vite (it doesn't drag the image, unlike other top coats) on top of the stamping. I did this when I had a black tie event 4 days before a halloween party :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back