What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved the babyboomers on Instagram that colourshack shared. I have lots of their pigments but are these different?

Thanks Ciderella :)

Yeah, these pigments are different - Babbs sent me some of her other pinks to test while I was swatching (can't remember the names but I can check if you want), and they were too vivid/opaque to blend nicely into the white, and didn't give the transition I wanted. The colours in the babyboomer set have got a lovely sheer transparency, so they look really subtle, and the white doesn't have any shimmer so makes for a beautiful tip. The pink and nude are both great natural shades for the classic babyboomer look, but I'll admit to being more taken with the lilac and the green than I expected to be...

Thanks Ciderella :)

Yeah, these pigments are different - Babbs sent me some of her other pinks to test while I was swatching (can't remember the names but I can check if you want), and they were too vivid/opaque to blend nicely into the white, and didn't give the transition I wanted. The colours in the babyboomer set have got a lovely sheer transparency, so they look really subtle, and the white doesn't have any shimmer so makes for a beautiful tip. The pink and nude are both great natural shades for the classic babyboomer look, but I'll admit to being more taken with the lilac and the green than I expected to be...
Oh are you a professional swatcher? [emoji119]
I'm sooo impressed! I wanting babyboomers with gel polish but I've never been happy with any attempts I've made so far

Oh are you a professional swatcher? [emoji119]
I'm sooo impressed! I wanting babyboomers with gel polish but I've never been happy with any attempts I've made so far

Lol, I wish I was a professional swatcher! Dreeeeam job ;) :D

I'm still pinching myself that it happened to be honest - I asked about pigments for babyboomers, and before I knew it, I had samples and was giving feedback and then this set happened!

To give the most honest appraisal I can, I only really use gel polish and this is the only way I've come up with babyboomers that I've been happy to put on my own nails... 'nuff said x

Lol, I wish I was a professional swatcher! Dreeeeam job ;) :D

I'm still pinching myself that it happened to be honest - I asked about pigments for babyboomers, and before I knew it, I had samples and was giving feedback and then this set happened!

To give the most honest appraisal I can, I only really use gel polish and this is the only way I've come up with babyboomers that I've been happy to put on my own nails... 'nuff said x
Well done, they look fab!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1473867060.529096.jpg

Ombré with faded Holochrome [emoji92][emoji87]

Guess who's getting a tad excited about her holiday?!

View attachment 200849

It's meeeeee! ORLANDO, HERE I COME, OH YEAH BABY! :D :D :D

Love these!! Hope u have an amazing time in Orlando! We're going next April - still undecided about how to do my nails! Lol

Love these!! Hope u have an amazing time in Orlando! We're going next April - still undecided about how to do my nails! Lol

Thank you! I went with Mr Cheeka a couple of years ago, and this time we're going with my sister and her other half in tow. We're going to be tearing up the place like 4 big kids lol :D I know it's a few months away for you, but here's wishing you a fab time anyway! :)

If I've got one bit of advice - you can never start practising too early for holiday nails! It was only about 2 days ago that I actually decided what I was doing, so was getting a bit panicked! (I owe a big thanks to @Bronstar for some great inspiration, otherwise I'd probably still be dallying now!) I'd actually ordered some Disney plates from Loja BBF that I was sure I'd use somehow, but ended up free-handing everything instead... Needless to say, it took a while, but they did raise a few smiles while I was out today, so the time spent was worth it ;)

Thank you! I went with Mr Cheeka a couple of years ago, and this time we're going with my sister and her other half in tow. We're going to be tearing up the place like 4 big kids lol :D I know it's a few months away for you, but here's wishing you a fab time anyway! :)

If I've got one bit of advice - you can never start practising too early for holiday nails! It was only about 2 days ago that I actually decided what I was doing, so was getting a bit panicked! (I owe a big thanks to @Bronstar for some great inspiration, otherwise I'd probably still be dallying now!) I'd actually ordered some Disney plates from Loja BBF that I was sure I'd use somehow, but ended up free-handing everything instead... Needless to say, it took a while, but they did raise a few smiles while I was out today, so the time spent was worth it ;)

Sounds like you'll have an amazing time! I went for my honeymoon 5 years ago! This time we're going with the 2 new additions to our family, our girls, they'll be 4 and 2 years old when we go!

Thanks for the advice! I'll probably go down the stamping route, I'm no good at free hand especially on myself!

Yours look amazing though [emoji1] can see how they have raised some smiles! Have a fab time, so jealous....I've got to be patient lol

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1473881166.899820.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1473881182.609409.jpg

Just started working again from maternity. Some of my recent clients nails!

Sounds like you'll have an amazing time! I went for my honeymoon 5 years ago! This time we're going with the 2 new additions to our family, our girls, they'll be 4 and 2 years old when we go!

Thanks for the advice! I'll probably go down the stamping route, I'm no good at free hand especially on myself!

Yours look amazing though [emoji1] can see how they have raised some smiles! Have a fab time, so jealous....I've got to be patient lol

Thank you :) I bet your girls will love it - it's fun for the young-at-heart, but must be truly magical for little ones :)

I've just had a major panic... I've barely had my toes out all summer so somehow managed to completely forget that they are also a thing that needs prettifying :eek: I feel so daft o_O:oops: Packing is just about done, so time to grab a quick bite to eat then it's up to my nail room to break speed records for applying a neon coral ;):D

So there's another tip I guess... don't forget your feet exist lol

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1473952659.838367.jpg

Did these earlier, absolutely love them! [emoji5]️

My 1st attempt on diy decals after receiving my uberchic mat
IMG_20160915_150344.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1473970505.333675.jpg

Just been experimenting with acrylic baby boomers, striping tape, glitter, encapsulated in hard gel, a whole heap going on, but I love how designs look encapsulated in the hard gel rather than acrylic x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1474032534.987445.jpg

Fragrant freesia for my blushing bride today (over acrylic extensions)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1474055797.894235.jpg

Everyone's loving the Holochrome [emoji92][emoji92][emoji92]

Husband took this picture last night whilst we were out. My current nails

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1474094498.250764.jpg

Latest posts

Back