What parts of your life mix?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkPotions

Reaction score
After I did my 1st manicure course I started getting really tetchy about Tippex! I insisted that it was treated the same as a nail polish and no paint could drip on the side or top of the bottle I even applied it in perfect strokes!

Crazy I know!

Just wondering what parts of your personal & professional lives have crossed over since you did your training.

When I was going to do some decorating, I got very fussy about sandpaper.

I used to just buy it and then rub down the paintwork. I found myself studying different grits and wondering which would be suitable:eek:

Last edited:
mmmmm, I used to be a bit ocd...and some things stuck, like towels have to be folded with straight edges, and bedding etc...
I can't stand it when a towel has been folded and one side is poking out iykwim....
Same with like if there is a newspaper on a kitchen table, I will casually wander over and straighten it up lol...
I'm not obsessive anymore, but these things do really annoy me if they catch my eye...
I suppose that helps with getting the nail uniform...sidewalls etc...

But If I do a set and they look good, then I put the pictures up on the pc and they have a obvious lump or off sidewall, omg it annoys me...

That's all I can think of lol

Peoples Hands and Feet!!! I am obsessed with them now.. I look at peoples hands mainly and decide what could be done to make them better! I never really noticed hands before.. but men women and children get the once over from me now.. If a see a set of gorgeous nail beds then i just have to tell the person.. lol.. nuts i know.

My kids now get mini manis instead of the usual clip in the bath..

and i spose because i work from home my house is alot neater then it used to be!!

ooo yes Chels same here I always keep the hallway and kitchen clean now, because you never know who will knock and when lol...
And I am more aware of how I look too, I never used to be bothered especially not round the house in my jim jams, but now I know that anyone could knock...I often check I look acceptable and not like a total tramp lol,

Maybe I best not get a salon job after all...I never thought about how clean parts of my house are kept these days lol

I tend to notice people with a tan a bit more.

Try to figure out whether it's real, spray, a diy job - looking for tan lines, patches!

My boyfriend was telling me the other night that he was sat in the pub with all his male friends having a drink and a girl walked in, she was literally orange, with hideous patches on her legs, and he thought to himself "look at the state of her tan". Then his second thought turned to me with him thinking, "I'm out with my friends, and all I'm thinking about is beauty treatments, what has that girl (me) done to me!!!!!" lol

My boyfriend was telling me the other night that he was sat in the pub with all his male friends having a drink and a girl walked in, she was literally orange, with hideous patches on her legs, and he thought to himself "look at the state of her tan". Then his second thought turned to me with him thinking, "I'm out with my friends, and all I'm thinking about is beauty treatments, what has that girl (me) done to me!!!!!" lol

My hubby was saying that to me the other day! He's started looking at folks eyebrows and thinking of what shape would suit them. (He helped me in my eyebrow design course)

He also tells men the benefits of waxing and how with the new waxes it's better.

Bless him at least it shows he listens even if everyone now things he's weird!

Latest posts

Back