What results have others had from ex MMA/NSS clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldnt consider it bad practise .... I don't soak off unless i have too or the client wants me too....whats the point..? if they look ok, well adhered and just need infilling then why soak it off and possibly cause more trauma to the natural nail than they have already had...as we all know MMA needs a roughed up surface to adhere so more than likely would have been e-filed to bits to start with.

Then as MMA clients are used to "Rock hard nails r us" they have nothing but problems with the instant difference in our products....instead i keep re balancing and they gradually get used to the difference and it only takes a few visits before the MMA has safely grown off and they are left with your products on their nails.

You would be doing your own prep on the new nail growth and the initial visit would have included looking for any tell tale signs of bacteria infections or nail separation.

as for the dust itching your hands, wear nitril gloves! I do that even if my liquids are MMA-free...

Here's my MMA/NSS experiences as a tech:

All NSS clients have come to me with unattractive and aesthectically undesirable nails. this just goes to show that women will wear crap nails if they can have them applied quickly. I have seen ski jump nails, side walls that bulge, severe etching on the natural nail, just to mention a few. Recently a client came in for a rebalance, and on first glance I thought she had a set of p&w that had been really badly applied. It looked as though the smiles were all over the place, but it turned out that they were white tips!! I mean, where can you even buy white tips with uneven smile lines???? I suspect that they could have been the leftovers from a previously applied set of tips actually.

HOWEVER....... To be fair, that last client didnt actually have bad nails, except for the dodgy tips of course, and that brings me to a critically important point that I think we all overlook. Whilst I have seen some awful NSS nails, I HAVE SEEN FAR WORSE NAILS DONE BY PROPERLY QUALIFIED TECHS. There are so many "proper" techs out there who do the foundation qualification, then set themselves up with no intention of continuing their education, pay no regard to hygienic practice, and think they are fantastic at nails when in fact they are not. The worst set of nails I have ever seen were done by a CND qualified tech who had even taken it upon herself to teach others from her home. I have seen worse damage done with a hand file that I have ever seen done by an electric file.

The point I'm trying to make is this (and I've re-tyed it a few times now in an effort to get my point across properly!). As an industry we have instigated this witch hunt against the NSS. Whist I agree that we need to deal with this problem, we have got so hung up about the NSS issue that we are ignoring the problem of all those "proper" techs who are doing just as bad a job as the NSS are. We warn our clients about the NSS, MMA etc, but what we should be doing is educating them on how to look for a good salon, rather than how to spot an NSS. By going on about the NSS all the time, we give the impression that any salon that isnt NSS is ok, when in reality this is not the case.

I hear you chelle...:hug:....But IMO anyone using bad methods...and producing bad nails are NSS....all those proper nails techs you talk about doing a bad job...NSS.

NSS to me isn't all about MMA...race...masks....e-files....etc....its about the whole package...and some salons/techs have no standards, some have less then average standards and others have great standards...and its not all just about nails either...some hair salons fall into the NSS label too....as would some beauty salons.

Latest posts

Back