What shades are best for lowlites?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jothelion

Reaction score
Hi all, got 2 new clients to do. One wants lowlites and has a choc brown colour on at a level 6. She wants to break this up to stop her grey coming through by having lowlites. I always struggle with colour selecting when people ask for honey, caramel colours and wondered what colours you all use regularly?

The other has had her hair too dark, not by choice either. Her hairdresser coloured her hair 3 x ago and her roots went orange, so she said she could correct it but it would be darker! she has applied this colour twice now and the client doesnt like it as its so dark - down to a 3 now from probably a level 6. She doesnt want to have her whole head stripped of colour as she has had this done before and it left her hair really dry. So we have talked about lightening with hi-lites and then toning over the top to give an overall appearance of lighter hair - is this a good answer to her problems? just would like advice from others?

:confused: many thanks all, Jo

for the second ladie i wud do as you wer saying... even do a full head of highlights with gaps in between the packets and pop a semi of your chosen shade over it... it will break it up loads for her... x

For your second lady take test strands long enough so you can do a condition test afterwards, some clients are not completely honest about their hair so its best to play safe especially if their hair is long.
your first client may just need some low level bleach( if its tinted with dark build up ) hi-lites just to give her more than one tone .

Hi girls, thanks for advice, sometimes you just want to chat it through with others to make sure others would tackle the situation in the same way.

Thats a good idea about strand testing - should do that more often I know.

Thought I would use a toner in the 8's perhaps 8.3

Latest posts

Back