What Shellac Colours shall I start with?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megan2682

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I was wondering if you can help? I'm about to invest in Shellac and I'm looking to purchase 6 different colours to start with.

For those of you that currently use shellac and have all the colours available, which 6 would you recommend? I'm obviously looking for the most popular, but also want to achieve a good breadth of colours so that all my clients are most likely to find one they love.

Also if anyone works for CND or SweetSquared and officially knows the order of colours by how well they sell, that would be amazing!

Thanks for your help. :)

Megan x

Hiya
If you go over to the groups and become a member of the shellac group there are some really good threads on there about starting up.

I'd personally recommend salon rack b if it's still available. Some lovely colours and the iced coral is fabulous for layering to make extra colours. Then you can add more colours as and when you want to. If you can run to one more then I'd add a purple too - either rock royalty (darker) or purple purple.

Have fun!

Thanks for that :) I've had a quick look in the shellac group section, but can't really find that much on there on colour selections ... if anyone could post a link to a good thread that would be brilliant.

X

Just type "Shellac Colours" into the search box, and it will give you access to numerous posts and threads relating to recommended colour choices.

Hope that helps.

Hi, I did that on both the forum search, and in the shellac group, and these are the only ones I can find, Which are more suggestions/"I likes" rather than what colours are genuinely the most popular (which is what I'm looking for)

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/160195-most-popular-shellac-colours.html

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/159128-best-shellac-colours-start-off.html

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/157501-help-shellac-colours.html

Again, does anyone know if there is a really good link, or can someone offer some advice on colour choice please :)

My most popular is fedora!!! I have to say I love it but my clients love it too!!! It's a nice rich/bold colour but not in your face it's a dark that you can get away with!!!! If your not very brave :)

I just bought the salon rack. You basically get a free bottle or two uif you work out the price. It had a top and base coat plus 6 colors

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

I think you can't go wrong with purchasing colours for french. It's always a popular choice. Then I would suggest going for a rich red, a dark (maybe Fedora or the black) and perhaps Red Baroness. Go for the colours that fit the season we are in, many people prefer the darker richer colours for this time of year.

call s2 and ask what their most popular colours are?!

Thanks Unas ... I didn't even think of that, I'll call on monday :)

... And I'm definitely going to go for fedora, everyone seems to love that one!

Thanks everyone for your help.

Fedora
Asphalt
Tutti Frutti
Wildfire
Negligee
Cream puff or studio white

If you can stretch to 8 ;) I'd also get Iced Coral & Zilionaire, great for layering or a bit of sparkle :) x

Wildfire
Asphalt
Fedora
Decandance
Cream puff
Negligee

I have recently started to shellac... And it's changed my life lol
My colours in order of popularity are probably....
Wildfire/decadence/fedora joint top
Hot pop pink
Rock royalty
Masquerade/strawberry smoothie/rose bud
Cocoa/iced Capp

The reds are v pop at the mo cause of Xmas... Fedora is a classic... And your always goin to get the lady that loves a bit of barbie... Ie tutti frutti or hot pop lol... I'm sat up I bed now with hot pop fingers and wildfire toes ha ha x

Latest posts

Back