What should I do about getting a refund, semi perm lashes fell off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindabop

Reaction score
I had a set of semi perm lashes done weeks ago. The girl had advertised them as mink lashes but as I'm allergic to cats she recommended synthetic ones instead. Which was fine by me.
The treatment took place on a dining chair in her dads kitchen, with her brother and dad wondering about the place and her dog sat on my lap! Thankfully it was quite a cute wee thing but that is not the point! I truly felt really uncomfortable sat in the middle of there kitchen!
Anyway she applied the lashes with black glue which was all over my eye, she kept commenting on how my eye kept twitching, probably down to nerves (little flipping wonder!)
She applied a mixture of individual lashes and clusters.
They looked awful and she knew it because she kept saying if they don't last I'll do you another set for free, we can patch test the mink ones and do those next time.
The lashes fell off that night while I was sleeping. I text her to tell and she asked if I wanted the mink ones, I said no I'd rather have a refund and haven't heard from her since!!
What should I do?? Am I right to pester her for a refund?

Sounds like she's not even done a course but I always say if you were uncomfortable why did you stay did you ask if she was trained I would say not and to be honest if you weren't happy why did you pay

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Vida salon

I think you could ask for one but looking at what you have written I wouldn't hold out for getting one.

Sounds like she's not even done a course but I always say if you were uncomfortable why did you stay did you ask if she was trained I would say not and to be honest if you weren't happy why did you pay

Vida salon

She said she had done a course?? I paid because I'm too polite not to and would hate any confrontation!

Hi,
You could try but I wouldn't hold much chance from what youv said, you may need to put it down to experience.

Sandra x

Ye i would text her again,
Just say I'm just texting because I've had no reply to my last text!
Im not really happy with the service i received and my lashes fell off in bed , hope I'm not offending you but id rather be honest and would like my money back

Thats what id say xx

How did you find her?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

😧 are your own lashes ok?

Ye i would text her again,
Just say I'm just texting because I've had no reply to my last text!
Im not really happy with the service i received and my lashes fell off in bed , hope I'm not offending you but id rather be honest and would like my money back

Thats what id say xx

Thank you that's a very nice way off putting it!

😧 are your own lashes ok?

Yes thank you, my lashes are fine. Don't think the semi's were really attached to my own lashes I think they were attached to my actual eye lid!
Finally got a response, she's putting a cheque in the post to me!

Can I ask, in a situation like this, can you ask to see their training certificate and/or copy of their insurance? Can someone advertise themselves as doing lashes, never mention a qualification, do them badly and just get away with it? Is there anything trading standards can do about it? Habia? or is it just tough luck on the client? Do clients ever ask about qualifications? Should they? Would therapists feel insulted to be asked if they have a qualification in a service. Personally I'd be proud to show my certificate of qualification. If I had a salon, it would be on the wall. But what do mobile therapists do??

Can I ask, in a situation like this, can you ask to see their training certificate and/or copy of their insurance? Can someone advertise themselves as doing lashes, never mention a qualification, do them badly and just get away with it? Is there anything trading standards can do about it? Habia? or is it just tough luck on the client? Do clients ever ask about qualifications? Should they? Would therapists feel insulted to be asked if they have a qualification in a service. Personally I'd be proud to show my certificate of qualification. If I had a salon, it would be on the wall. But what do mobile therapists do??

does anyone have an answer for me please? thanks x

does anyone have an answer for me please? thanks x

I have mine in a file along with a copy of my insurance that I take with me should a client request to see it, touch wood they haven't upto now! Haha xx

Sent from my C5303 using SalonGeek mobile app

All my quals/certificates are in a binder that i take with me :) nobody had asked to see them just yet but i wouldn't be offended at all if someone ask to see them x

Thankfully it was only eye lashes and they have come off and yours are ok. Today i saw some horrendous tattooed eyebrows, the hairdresser down the road has been on a semipermanent tattooing course and has certificates but not an eye for detail or a steady hand. Just because they have certificates etc dont presume they are any good, always ask to see photos of their own work or a genuine recommendation. x

Latest posts

Back