What spray tan compressor should i get for mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eyekandi

Reaction score
Hiya I'm new and my name is Kerry. :) I've been self-employed for 2 and half years but worked in a salon before then for about 4 years. I have worked with St Tropez and Sudo spray tanning which i love.

I've now decided to get a compressor to do mobile work. I have seen an offer on at my local warehouse for a Sun Glow starter kit which includes compressor, tent, tan solution and all after-care bits. This was £630 but in sale for £287. Anyone got any experience of this?

Also seen Iwata/ Bare Ego mobile kit and Maxi Mist spray tan kit. Anyone know anything of these. I have also emailed Sudo but thing their compressors will be out of my price range :eek: Open to other suggestions too

Thanks

Firstly you need to know if you want a compressor or a hvlp kit,
the maximist is a hvlp,
iwata is compressor/air brush

iwata is a good name,

but if i were to recommend a machine for mobile it would be the hvlp T200,
it is very light to carry around,
quick to apply the tan (around 5 mins)
uses very little solution (around 30mls)
and is a damn good little work horse that can cope with lots of tans at one appointment so ideal for tanning parties

use the search bar at the top of this page and you will find lots of info on the T200,

hth

Firstly you need to know if you want a compressor or a hvlp kit,
the maximist is a hvlp,
iwata is compressor/air brush

iwata is a good name,

but if i were to recommend a machine for mobile it would be the hvlp T200,
it is very light to carry around,
quick to apply the tan (around 5 mins)
uses very little solution (around 30mls)
and is a damn good little work horse that can cope with lots of tans at one appointment so ideal for tanning parties

use the search bar at the top of this page and you will find lots of info on the T200,

hth

It is indeed a good machine...unfortunately there are none available in the UK right now until at least the end of this month...apparently the manufacturer cant keep up with demand :eek:..so it must be a good machine :hug:

Thanks for replies.

Bit of a blonde question then...:confused:
What's the difference between compresor and hvlp?? When i was in the salon I know it was a compressor with the Sudo tan.

I've had a look at T200 which seems great for what I want. I've also seen on Ebay that someone can sell be one with tent for £170. Is that right pricewise as wasn't sure if this was cheap??

And can you still use any tan soloution you want? As I think I might continue with Sudo but its been nearly 3 years since I did tans so don't know how its come on since then?

an airbrush compressor is known as an LVHP, Low volume high pressure, and a HVLP stands for high volume, low pressure. The HVLP is quicker and has less overspray than an LVHP.

Kate

Thanks for replies.

Bit of a blonde question then...:confused:
What's the difference between compresor and hvlp?? When i was in the salon I know it was a compressor with the Sudo tan.

I've had a look at T200 which seems great for what I want. I've also seen on Ebay that someone can sell be one with tent for £170. Is that right pricewise as wasn't sure if this was cheap??

And can you still use any tan soloution you want? As I think I might continue with Sudo but its been nearly 3 years since I did tans so don't know how its come on since then?

As Kate has said you will do a tan a lot quicker with a HVLP (T200) than you would with a LVHP (compressor) and get much less over-spray so you will use less solution and not make a mess lol,
the HVLP is the preferred machine amongst spray tanners now a days due it been quicker and using less solution,

the one on ebay is cheap but it wont come with a warranty and for all you know it may have been worked to death,
or worse still it may be the older model T100 which was a good machine but not as robust as the T200, (they look identical)

and yes you can use any tan solution you want with the HVLP so will have no problems with the sudo.
hth :hug:

Latest posts

Back