what to do on open day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyn Monroe

Reaction score
I'm finally getting there, i got my loan off the Princes Trust and I am renting above a hairdressers in our local town sopping centre.
things are looking great I couldn't have hoped for a better location

I'm offering creative spa mani & pedis, waxing, Tinting and Eve Taylor Facials.
I also do nail enhancements but wont be ready to offer these until sept as I am doing a creative conversion course.

So what can i offer on my open day? thanks all ps im hoping to open JUly:green:

just do demos of what you offer like one nail in nailextensions and let them feel how the exfoliators work and hand creams, put a time in to do eyelash and brow tint and show the difference from one eye to the other make sure you do it on some one fair so you get a really good result

I'm finally getting there, i got my loan off the Princes Trust and I am renting above a hairdressers in our local town sopping centre.
things are looking great I couldn't have hoped for a better location

I'm offering creative spa mani & pedis, waxing, Tinting and Eve Taylor Facials.
I also do nail enhancements but wont be ready to offer these until sept as I am doing a creative conversion course.

So what can i offer on my open day? thanks all ps im hoping to open JUly:green:

Well done on getting your grant, i have my third meeting with business link and my grant is being put to the board on Tuesday - exciting isant it.

I am looking for a therapist who can do eve taylor facials as i want one myself. I actually bought this range and do these facials but i wanted to experience one myself.

Where abouts in Leeds is your salon and when is your open day because i might book one with you. I am in Shipley so not far from you.

Good luck x

there are a lot of things you can do, youu first need to have ppl know you are opening, and providing a new service in your area...

that will ocupy some of your time!
text your friends, email them, have them spread the word, if you can, "hire" a few as models, others to welcome the ppl, if you space is big enough, one or two can have something to eat or drink for your future clients...

you then need to be totally into your business on D Day, that means you have to know all of your products by heart, what is good with them, why you chose to work with them, why you chose that location, etc. ppl are so curious!

and on D day, demo, demo, demo. and speak while you work, and smile! the ppl who come must call you back so do it like you'd expect to be convinced if you were a new client...

Maybe offer a special discount to people who book future appointments with you on the night.

Little goodie bags to take away with a treatment menu and a few samples in maybe?

A raffle to win a treatment or product, or even a makeover?

Could you invite a local journalist along?

A glass of something fizzy on arrival?

Just a few ideas off the top of my head. Have fun and hope it goes really well for you. x

1) Definitely a raffle however one where they need to fill out a small form with name, email, phone number etc (hey presto! automatic mailing list of everybody who came ;) )

2) Drinks - something a little different - say like if you are going to do sparling wine - well buy some grapes or little flowers (edible mind!) ,to pop in the glasses - this makes a conversation piece - it is good to have people who dont know each other talking

3 ) Instruct (yes!) your close friends to bring a friend, mum etc - but when you send out your invites make sure to say the invite is for XXXX plus 1

4) goodie bags are great - but a little sample gift with a price list nicely presented on a tray is a lovely gesture (ikea for example do facecloths for like 50p - roll 'em up, pop a flower in the top add a sample or two, pricelist) - tie em up and voilá - simple and stunning (think about placing these near the table with the pens for folks emails ; ) )

5) Look the part! (simple ... you are representing an industry and if that means getting your hair done - or popping down to the MAC store for a quick paint - do it - do not look tired on the night - and wear something that will make you stand out a little - not your uniform - or if you wear black normally, pop on a black sparkly top or something - just for effect! Put some bling on your toes!!

6) Expect that not everyone comes .... its true... expect like 10% of the people you have invited plus their companions... so invite lots of people
Let them know when/ what time youre demos are on - its better to have a crowd than one or two random people standing.

7) Use the day to your advantage, get photos taken, let the local press know, invite the editors of every magazine, send them the photos after the party, invite your suppliers (ask them to supply the samples for the day) Put these photos on your website (you need a boyfriend or brother or someone like this to take the photos)

8) You need someone to actually take the bookings for you - you are hopefully going to be too busy networking to be able to do this - offer 10% off or something if they book on the day

9) Follow up ! Thank those peeps for coming ! You have their emails or telephone numbers, take 2 mins and thank them for their support - regardless if this is your mum/sister/girls in the shop etc ;)

10) SMILE! SMILE! SMILE! ... (no matter what happens:green:)
Well done you for getting this far, I've been there its nervewrecking but totally worth it, remember YOU are your business, you know your stuff, this is your moment to impress, so put petrol in your engine and knock 'em dead!!!

luv and hugs

Cait x

This is fantastic info, can i ask though i will be renting a room above a tanning studio so can not really do an eveing for opening, so wondered what i could do for my open day i Am opening on the 21 st so as much help would be appretiated.:Kissing:

mine is above a hairdressers, not really an open evening as such jenny more open day 2-5pm so hope that helps xx

this info is great, thanks xxx

Latest posts

Back