What to do, studying at college but got an apprenticeship interview?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlmb21

Reaction score
Hiya,

As the title says really.. Im studying my level 2 hairdressing at college full time but I have received a call from a hairdressers that I applied to for an apprenticeship a while ago asking if I would still be interested and offered me an interview?

I explained that I was now at college but agreed to pop in for an interview as I really wanted it in the first place!

I just need your opinions on what you think would be the better option? That's if I even got the job lol

Xx

College is all well and good, but the experiance you gain in a salon environment is invaluble.

I worked at a salon as a saturday girl and they took on a full time college student and she didn't have a clue of what was expected of her in the salon.

The pay usually isn't great but that's as your starting out.

Good luck with the interview :)

If possible, I would opt for the salon- you may have to just go to college one/two days a week and work the rest of the time.

See what they offer you. Xx

Thank you, that's why I wanted an apprenticeship in the first place to be honest? but as I'm 21 it was a struggle as most employers won't get the funding..

I'm thinking they may have had a drop out and are looking through past applications? Lol

Thank you :)

Xx

Latest posts

Back