What to do

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlondieBear

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have a question when charing family and friends.
My mom and sister are the only people i dont charge but they always buy there own colour though.

Last night i cut my boyfriends mom/dad/sisters hair and they did not even attempt to pay me..nothing...now there is no way i would charge them full prices but they did not even offer anything.
My boyfriend saw this and said so cmon pay the lady half serious/half joking and they did not react to it.

I did not say anything because i thought they would pay when i was leaving but they didnt,his mom is kinda pushy and would prob have said your still learning(level 3 exams in 3 months)and she always goes on about how she will "let" me practice on her.

Do i charge his family or not?hate this kind of situation.
Any advice other than me stop being a total push over :cry:

I think it is too late now to expect payment.
To be honest it does sound as though they thought they were doing you a favour by letting you practise on them, so won't see that thy have done anything wrong.
The time to have discusssed any payment/reward for these treatments would have been before you did them. If they didn't know the score then you can't really complain about the not paying you.

If I had been his mum I would have bought you a bottle of wine or whatever you drink or even a box of chocolates as a thank you.

I am afraid you will just have to put this down to experience, and try to be positive as I am sure you did a good job and it will all go towards making you a better hairdresser and businesswoman.

Hi,
Next time you see them, ask how they like their hair and tell them how much it should of cost them.
Then let them know when you have qualified how much you will do theirs for, letting them know they are getting a family / mates rates discount.
This should put a stop to it. At least they then know before they ask you that you are expecting them to pay. Even mention it as they ask for their next treatment, saying yes I can fit you in then and it will be £ x x . Hope this helps you.
Best wishes
lotsa luv x x x :hug: x x x

Hiya

I had the same problem so I just made a little friends and family price list and sent it to everyone. But you have to think you wouldnt expect them to come home and work. So why should it be different for you and you should value your work.

xxxxxx

Next time give them a price list, a seperate one from usual, and say this is the reduced prices for close friends/familly.
How rude of them!x

Latest posts

Back