What to do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

temperleytan

Reaction score
I have my own beauty salon and we have our own hairdresser here who is fab, however I teach 2 days a week and fancied trying a salon near where I teach just for a quick blowdry.
Oh dear, it was the most awful experience and I hope, that if someone experienced this awful service in my salon they would let me know. The young girl took so long sectioning and playing around with my collar length layered bob that I ended up (after over an hour) just taking the hairdryer and brush off her and doing it myself, she then asked if I was a hairdresser, I said no, as I am not, but do know that if you want root lift you don't do what she was doing. I actually feel really sorry for the girl as she is obviously way out of her depth, but what was more concerning was there was no one there supervising her, and there is no way she was qualified. Hmmm....what do I do, just leave it go, or do I contact the salon manager and explain what happened. I gave her £10 out of goodwill but I know others would not have or been furious.
what is going on with some salons? and what would you do? x

I have my own beauty salon and we have our own hairdresser here who is fab, however I teach 2 days a week and fancied trying a salon near where I teach just for a quick blowdry.
Oh dear, it was the most awful experience and I hope, that if someone experienced this awful service in my salon they would let me know. The young girl took so long sectioning and playing around with my collar length layered bob that I ended up (after over an hour) just taking the hairdryer and brush off her and doing it myself, she then asked if I was a hairdresser, I said no, as I am not, but do know that if you want root lift you don't do what she was doing. I actually feel really sorry for the girl as she is obviously way out of her depth, but what was more concerning was there was no one there supervising her, and there is no way she was qualified. Hmmm....what do I do, just leave it go, or do I contact the salon manager and explain what happened. I gave her £10 out of goodwill but I know others would not have or been furious.
what is going on with some salons? and what would you do? x

I've had a similar situation in a salon where the apprentice washing my hair actually caused bruising to my temples. I was in agony. But being newly British I grinned and bared it. I don't like to cause a scene or a fuss. i did ask him to go a bit more gently bit i think he may have been deaf, or just ignored me. However when I got home I rang the salon and spoke to the manager and explained what happened. He didn't seem too interested in my complaint so I never went back.

Latest posts

Back