What Top Coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
At the moment I'm using Seche Vite on natural nails or OPI and ThermoShield on Acrylics which is brilliant. The Seche Vite is much better keeps the polish perfect for a couple of weeks. The OPI doesn't but I've got quite a lot of it and can't afford not to use it. Anyway, for the future, I don't mind how much I pay, I just want to use the best top coat there is. So what do you think is the most hard wearing top coat? xxx

Hi Kimmy,
My # 1 topcoat is TT's (tammy Taylors) "A-Z coats." Z coat for natural nails or polished acrylics. A coat for P&W with Z coat to give double protection. I also love "seche vite" but here in the US it can be bought otc at regular stores so I am not useing it as much. "Out the door" has been a fave for me for many years and I keep it as a staple for the "rush me" client.

Blessings,
BrendaLee

Well of course I would say this Kimmi but it has to be Super Shiny! Also won BEST TOP COAT in the Beauty Scoop Magazine - I quote
Beauty Scoop Quote: We sent out so many top coats for testing, we nearly lost count of them, and the verdict on this one was way ahead of any others; it was outstanding. Our testers said it gave bare nails and polishes an incredible shine which seemed to last beyond 24 hours, and it didn’t need topping up!!

I would hope it would last beyond 24 hours :rolleyes: but of course the cheaper options from chemists etc don't .... anyway, there you go!

Hiya,

i have used super shiney for ages and think its fab, but i wanted a really really quick one and find Sec n Dry from orly absolutly fantastic and i'm really digging Glosser from orly too at the moment. They also do a fantastic strengthener called Nail Armour, its brill and my clients are loving it too!!!

Amanda

One of my client's came back for her maintenance and said she was shocked and stunned that Super Shiney lasted for the duration of her holiday. She had bought another top coat at the airport to take with her and didn't even need to use it so she was well chuffed! :D

Kimmi Rocks said:
At the moment I'm using Seche Vite on natural nails or OPI and ThermoShield on Acrylics which is brilliant. The Seche Vite is much better keeps the polish perfect for a couple of weeks. The OPI doesn't but I've got quite a lot of it and can't afford not to use it. Anyway, for the future, I don't mind how much I pay, I just want to use the best top coat there is. So what do you think is the most hard wearing top coat? xxx

Hi Kimmi,

I use NSI Airsheild Top Coat and Airbrush Top Coat and if they get a bit grubby, I find that if you wipe nail varnish remover over them then it just takes the dirt off and stays nice and shinny!

Lynn

Latest posts

Back