What training is everyone hoping to do this year?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsHBeauty

Reaction score
I am definately this year going to go on the Shellac course, and also semi-permanant eye lash extensions.

I also want to do HD brows.

I think those will be a really good addition to my salon. There is lots more id like to learn, as much as agree with continuing training and learning new skills money is an object :-(

What are everyone plans regarding trainign this year?

Jemima x

I'm doing a shellac course in a couple weeks, I'm dead excited!! I would also like to do a hair extension course eventually but still toying with this idea. X

I am definately this year going to go on the Shellac course, and also semi-permanant eye lash extensions.

I also want to do HD brows.

I think those will be a really good addition to my salon. There is lots more id like to learn, as much as agree with continuing training and learning new skills money is an object :-(

What are everyone plans regarding trainign this year?

Jemima x

I am training with Lash perfect in march.
I also hope to do the kim lawless wax course, hd brows and lash lift if I can afford to do it all.
I love doing training courses,so exciting!! :lol:

I'm looking to do shellac ASAP but lost me cert so gotta wait for a new one before I can book up.:-(
Was also thinking about hd brows but I've been reading some threads on here about them and the price of the training shocked me I have to say!! Xx

I am hoping to do female speed waxing with Kim Lawless and also her eyebrows design one.

I am then hoping to go on and do the master painter course with CND. And they reccomend the polished nail first and spatacular so defo do the polished nail one. And I'll find out more about spatacular.

:)

I would love to do bridal make-up, i have no idea where to start looking. I've been hairdressing for 23 yrs (started at 13 on a sat) and qualified for 19 yrs, I went into spraytans nearly 2 years ago and also do EE. I have no beauty history which i think you need to go into make-up.... or are i wrong?! xx

I also want to spend some time with the lovely Kim and do the female intimate waxing (looks like she's going to be a very busy lady this year!!)

I'd love to be able to offer massage too, so a body massage and Indian head massage course are also planned.

I would love to do bridal make-up, i have no idea where to start looking. I've been hairdressing for 23 yrs (started at 13 on a sat) and qualified for 19 yrs, I went into spraytans nearly 2 years ago and also do EE. I have no beauty history which i think you need to go into make-up.... or are i wrong?! xx

No it is not essential to have a beauty background. In fact I think it is more valuable to have a hairdressing background as you can then offer bridal hair and makeup as a package. You do need to know about skin though but this should be covered in any good course.

If you can get down to london, 2 good reputable make-up schools are:
AOFM: Make Up Schools | Bridal | High Fashion | Make Up Courses | London | New York
MUSE: Make Up School in London - Professional makeup courses - Freelance Make Up Artist intensive training - London Muse
They are fairly pricey but if you are serious about getting into bridal they are worth it. London muse have a 2 day bridal bootcamp though which is quite a good price.
If not I think leeds college has a bridal make-up course.

When I was starting out youtube really helped me alot. There are some amazing make-up artists on there and it can help you pick up usefull tips. some good gurus on there are
Pixiwoo: Bridal Make-Up Tutorial using Bobbi Brown - YouTube
Kim Kardashian Wedding Make Up - YouTube
Pixi2woo: Bridal makeup tutorial (natural) - YouTube
Lisa Eldridge: Summer Rose Bridal Look - YouTube
Makeupgeektv: ~ Easy Makeup for the Modern Bride ~ - YouTube

Hope this helps a bit :)

Opps sorry didn't realise the videos were actually going to upload on the thread..

Opps sorry didn't realise the videos were actually going to upload on the thread..

Wow thanks for that, I'll look into going to leeds, London is too far for me with working and having 3 boys!!

Thank you. xx

Gawd so many courses I want to do, where to start :eek:

Well first on my list has to be Shellac..
oh oh and airbrush makeup has always tickled my fancy.. and HD brows if I rob a bank :smack:

Oh and intimate waxing with the Queen herself (well not THE Queen :rolleyes:) but want to get some more "Normal" waxing expertise under my belt before I venture down that alley.

No prob. Im really passionate about make-up artistry :lol:
Good luck with your training!

I am looking to do semi perm lashes asap, was going to train with flirties in Jan, however just found out that i need to have lash tining certificate first so i'm going to rethink who to train with as money is tight :(

I am looking to do semi perm lashes asap, was going to train with flirties in Jan, however just found out that i need to have lash tining certificate first so i'm going to rethink who to train with as money is tight :(

I'm sure you don't need lash tinting, I contacted flirties before I trained & it wasn't a requirement

Oh thanks for that, the local trainer for flirties said she wanted it, but i'll go back to them... thanks for letting me know xx

how much is lash training with flirties? please pm me if you cant say on here.thanks:lol:

I have a re-fresher course booked in man & ped, also a nail art course.
Hopefully once I've done the man & ped course I can do shellac. I'd also like to do a EE course. If I have the money after all of that maybe a massage course :) x

I'd like to do myscara & a make up course.

Shellac & CND L+P conversion course!

Can't wait to get stuck into some nails :lol:

I'd love to learn how to do party/bridal hair too but not having any hairdressing background I'm still looking into how I can do that!

I have my interview for college to do my nvq in Hairdressing so hopefully will get a place on that next year. I'm also doing a course in feb for face painting. I'm sure there's plenty more things I will find to do at the beauty show :) xx

Latest posts

Back