What Treatments do you offer as a Mobile Therapist?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loobylou22

Reaction score
Hi,
Im just starting out and cannot believe the amount of kit that i will need to carry around with me as a mobile.
I will be offering nail enhancements, manicure, pedicure, waxing, spray tanning and maybe massage and facials, but im unsure as i will have to carry the couch as well.
What does everyone else offer as a mobile therapist, and how much kit do you take? Are there easier ways or am i just being thick?:green:
Do you take what you need for one client, ie spray tan, then swap kit for the next ie acrylics, or keep the whole kaboodle in the car?
Please help, il need a Transit van at this rate.:rolleyes:
Lou.x

Hi,
Im just starting out and cannot believe the amount of kit that i will need to carry around with me as a mobile.
I will be offering nail enhancements, manicure, pedicure, waxing, spray tanning and maybe massage and facials, but im unsure as i will have to carry the couch as well.
What does everyone else offer as a mobile therapist, and how much kit do you take? Are there easier ways or am i just being thick?:green:
Do you take what you need for one client, ie spray tan, then swap kit for the next ie acrylics, or keep the whole kaboodle in the car?
Please help, il need a Transit van at this rate.:rolleyes:
Lou.x

Hi hun
dont leave the whole lot in your car, if it got broken into thats all your stuff gone :cry:

being mobile you will find that your clients will likely be booked in advance of that day so i can plan for my whole day the night before, for example if i have a spray tan, pedicure and manicure there is no need to take my couch :)
my best tip is to be really really organised at home, i recently bought a holdal from argos, it had 6 matching pink bags in with it aswell so each treatment has its own bag, that way if you have any surprise bookings you can quickly nip home, grab it and go!

xx

:) Hi Lou, Im mobile, and has already been said, have seperate boxes or bags for each treatment. I also have a big bag for towells digital radio, and couch covers and incense sticks.
I do keep my couch in my boot and fold down table. Sometimes it does seem like you are taking everything you own into someones house if there having lots of treatments, but then you will be earning well on that job, so it's worth it. You get to know which customers have a chair you can use so you dont have to take a stool etc. So its fine. I just think of it as a bit of a work out, so when I dont have time to get to the gym, I know I ahve done plenty anyway!!Hth enjoy being mobile it's great.:hug:

Hiya

I take what I need with me and that is it. I have everything in seperate bags/boxes/cases all ready to roll and I book everyone in advance, I don't do on the day bookings (unless it is someone who is already booked in and they want something else too and I have the stuff with me) as it makes me look busier if I say I can't do something.

In terms of storage whilst out and about I put everything in the car that I need that day in the morning and take it out that night but I have to hope to a certain extent that it won't get stolen as realistically who has time to do one thing, go home, get the next lot of stuff, do treatment, go home, get the next lot and so on... its a huge waste of petrol and your carbon footprint would be enormous! Obviously if there is an hour between clients then that is one thing but you can't book yourself an hour between clients to go home and get all your stuff.

For fitting it all in the car, you need to take the bare minimum and you will find that somethings are multi-tasking - ie cotton wool and bedroll etc... so they go in their own bag and everything specific to a treatment ie wax, spats, strips go in another bag, then you grab both and go to the clients house.

I hope that makes sense to someone as I have lost my original thoughts and I am seriously rambling now so I will stop.

Hope that you can glean something from that and if not I apologise! Lol Lx

i am a mobile hair and beauty therapist and i have these store boxes from Wilkinson that sit in my all way i have 6 sets of 4 boxes and then more. each box is set up for say 1 perm box, 1 box is for body treatments 1 for nail treatments, when i go out i take which ever boxes i need for that day i offer nearly all beauty treatments and all hair treatments so i also have a couch this fits in my boot grate and then the boxes go on top of the couch at home my hall way looks like a salon but everything is in it's places.

when i said not to leave stuff in your car i meant overnight :) obviously you have to pack up your car for the days worth of clients otherwise as has been said you would be going back and forth x

Thats a brill help guys, i keep wanting to buy bigger and bigger boxes to house all my stuff!lol. Buying individual ones for each treatment does make sense. I need to get organised.:)

I dont think you can beet the kit bags on wheels from Sienna, Excellent Size.
Hight - 39cm
Width - 37cm
Depth - 84cm

Only 19.99 aswell.

Hi I am a mobile therapist, I offer:

massage,
facials,
spray tanning,
manicure,
pedicure,
eye treatments,
make-up

I always take just what I need for the treatments on that day, you say you are not sure if you want to do facials as you need the couch you will need this for waxing too and the tinting etc.

It is hard work lugging everything around but it is worth it and there is a big market for mobile therapists. Go for it!!!

I am mobile and I offer:
Waxing
Spray Tanning
Lash and Brow tinting
Nail extensions
Manicure
Pedicure
Minx

My wax unit is in like a mini basket with apron, couch roll etc, I have a small/medium holdall that my eye, man, ped go in then a metal case for my nails, minx etc and another holdall for the tanning machine etc.
Took me a while to feel organised as I also work from home but I think I have grasped it now and am confident what to take in what case etc.

Good luck

Latest posts

Back