What was the lowest point in your life?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last month has been pretty much my lowest point ever personally. Without going into too much detail my bf and I have been going through a few things recently. He has been trying to help a friend through a tough time including suicide attempts and she has gotten obsessed with him to the point where she rang me pretending to be another woman and saying that he was cheating on me.

The whole thing has made for an awful time. There is light at the end of the tunnel though. It has been a true test for us and he has never been more certain of being in love with me and me with him.

My family and friends have been incredible even though I may not have been. I will never ever lose sight of them again and I'm so thankful for this.

I think that everything is going to be ok, better than ok, amazing xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks to all of you for sharing your stories. You have all been through so much! I hope you all can get whatever strength you need to get through your own personal situation. It will take time but you will get there. I posted this quote on an earlier thread and will do so on this thread.

JK Rowling said

" Rock bottom is the solid foundation on which I built my life"

Last edited by a moderator:
My lowest point and still is now is loosing my mum last year, she took her own life after battling Parkinson's disease for 10 years. She had truly had enough of how it changed her. I don't blame her, just think of how strong and brave she had been but I still miss her painfully everyday and that will never change. Everything that's new in my life is hard because she never new it like that and I hate that I can't tell her. Sometimes I think for a split second "I must tell mum that" and then reality hits that I can't....xxx

This is something that I found many years ago, and its a poem I will never forget. Hope it inspires some of you too

The Invitation : by Oriah Mountain Dreamer

It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.
It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.
It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the centre of your own sorrow, if you have been opened by life's betrayals or have become shrivelled and closed from fear of further pain.
I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it, or fade it, or fix it.
I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own; if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, be realistic, remember the limitations of being human.
It doesn't interest me if the story you are telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself. If you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul. If you can be faithless and therefore trustworthy.
I want to know if you can see Beauty even when it is not pretty every day. And if you can source your own life from its presence.
I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand at the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, 'Yes.'
It doesn't interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone and do what needs to be done to feed the children.
It doesn't interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the centre of the fire with me and not shrink back.
It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you from the inside when all else falls away.
I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.

Now is the toughest time of my life, lost someone special and struggling with business. It's just a rough patch I try not to give up. Xx

Could be worse, u could live in this cold miserable climate ! ( Only joking ) I feel preety much the same as u at this moment in time & have emailed an hynotherapist tonight to see if that will help me, but if i go will probably worry all the time about the money it will cost me & be getting an anxiety attack!!! I lost my parents a few years back & life just goes from bad to worse, BUT there is always another day!!!!! xxx

Aww I really want to hug you all.

I have severe depression and totally lost the plot a couple of years ago. To take my mind of trying to find my marbles I turned my spare room into a beauty room. Two years later I still have depression but it's manageable and without beauty and my business I'd probably be in a mental hospital. Without my passion and love to be the best I wouldn't be where I am now.

It's a long road that I'm taking a steady stroll down. However il get to the end one day xx

That is what I feel, I poured myself into my ne career of Beauty & I love it with a passion :) x

Being diagnosed with Breast Cancer aged 29 after twice being misdiagnosed! Resulted in chemo and operation and radiotherapy. I am so grateful to be alive.

I have Breast implants & I am terrified I will get Cancer, I was told yes they would be able to tell, but now being over 50 & when i` had my scan I had a horrible nurse who was cold & callous & said No they cannot tell.... I lay awake at night & wish i had never had them done, but cannot afford to have them out, I would say to anyone Dont have them!:|

Lowest point in mymlife was when my mum suddenly died. She was in Australia with the rest of my family while I was in England 3 weeks off from having my first baby. I couldn't fly out to her funeral. I was so sad my mum couldn't share the joy of my first baby with me.

Then 3 weeks after having my baby my dad died. Couldn't fly out for that funeral either.

I think having a baby helped me grieve as I was so busy, too busy to stop and think. Just such a shame my parents never got to know or see my children.

Really feel for you, as I wrote on another page earlier, I lost both my parents within a few weeks & life has never been the same :(

My divorce was the lowest point in my life. My ex just walked out of mine and our 3 children's lives and we haven't seen him since.

The worst bit was seeing my kids (at the time) devastated and left wondering why their dad didn't see them anymore. Then what followed was equally horrendous, he pulled the plug on the finances so as a result of this we lost our family home, holiday villa, car and he left me in hundreds of thousands of pounds in joint debt due to the houses having to be repossessed. As my ex had done a runner abroad with no forwarding address, I couldn't sell the properties as they were in joint names, so they were repossessed and I was left to foot the bill. He hasn't spoken or given his son's a birthday/christmas card/letter or seen them in 8 years and I have never received a penny maintenance.

Even now I can't believe that I was with someone for 11 years and really didn't know what they could be capable of?

Thankfully that is all behind us now, fast forward 9 years and I recently re-married the love of my life in May this year. I have a devoted husband and the kids have a wonderful step-father and couple that with me going to college in my 40's to do beauty as a complete career change and I now have my own mobile beauty business.

Life is GOOD! :cool:

High-fives to all the people who have come through their own personal battles and hugs to those who are going through it now and hope that their own light at the end of the tunnel moment comes very shortly. :hug:

My low point/ worst day in my life was 18th Sept 2011 when we were told that our 5 month old daughter had a brain tumour. I have been on medication since Jan 12 for depression which I am slowly decreasing. I had my contract with the NHS terminated last november.

However after 18 months of chemotherapy my daughter's tumour has shrunk and were hope and pray everyday that it doesn't state up again.
On the plus side I have set up my beauty room and hope to make a go of it :)

The lowest moment in my life was when my Dad died suddenly. My Mum became a different person that day, even now she's still not the Mum, I grew up knowing and loving. She's changed and defiantly not for the better. We waited 10 months to find out that my Dad was a victim of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (Adult Cot Death). The most heartbreaking thing was discovering, that he finally had been accepted to join the RAF reserves. His dream since he was a child. He died before he got the chance to go.

The whole experience as hard as it is, changed my life for what I hope is the better. I have always wanted to start my own business, but my Mum always suppressed and discarded my dreams. I am now saving as much money as I can to start my own business and follow my dreams.

My Dad taught me the best thing he ever could; follow your dreams.
Four years on I'm still struggling with accepting his death. I've lost all the friends I had and the relationship with my Mother is now completely reversed eg. I'm the Mother and she's the Daughter.

However as hard as it is some days, I still try my very best to remain positive about life. This was made so much easier when I met my Partner nearly a year ago. He's my rock, my everything.

My Dad is in every single aspect of my life, everything I do is for him. Living my life in a better way, following my dreams and changing my attitude towards life, to a more positive one.

In a slightly morbid way, if my Dad did not die and die in the unfortunate way he did, I wouldn't be living my life the way I am now. He gave me the best gift he could, life.

My favourite quotation is 'If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.'

Latest posts

Back