What was the lowest point in your life?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tonicj

I have had a few low points from losing loved ones to losing much loved pets and then a divorce which I wanted to resolve as amicably as possible but it wasn't to be and I think this was my lowest. That was many years ago and today I can honestly say I am blessed with what I have and who I have become. It would be a privilege to hear your story since it is such a personal issue xx

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Divorced, lost my brother, my dad, my BF and my cat is getting ready to join them.

I have a great life I feel I wouldn't have had if not for the divorce. I became a must stronger person because of it.

I have a GREAT job (well a few jobs but the one that pays the bills) and FAB co-workers. I literally feel like I'm the most blessed woman on the planet! :D

The lowest point in my life is actually now. I've had a tough couple of years but the last few weeks have been horrendous and it's just one thing after another.
I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel at the moment but I know I will see it one day. Life can be tough sometimes but I'm blessed to have the people in my life that I have and a lot of my friends from SG have helped me through the last few weeks. You know who you are girls and thanks for being there :)

The lowest point in my life is actually now. I've had a tough couple of years but the last few weeks have been horrendous and it's just one thing after another.
I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel at the moment but I know I will see it one day. Life can be tough sometimes but I'm blessed to have the people in my life that I have and a lot of my friends from SG have helped me through the last few weeks. You know who you are girls and thanks for being there :)

Hope you are ok x

Aww, hope you are ok. Im glad to hear you have people who are there for you. Xx

Now is the toughest time of my life, lost someone special and struggling with business. It's just a rough patch I try not to give up. Xx

Aww I really want to hug you all.

I have severe depression and totally lost the plot a couple of years ago. To take my mind of trying to find my marbles I turned my spare room into a beauty room. Two years later I still have depression but it's manageable and without beauty and my business I'd probably be in a mental hospital. Without my passion and love to be the best I wouldn't be where I am now.

It's a long road that I'm taking a steady stroll down. However il get to the end one day xx

Life is tough!
I like this thread, it shows that everyone goes through the mud. I've had many low points due to health. At the moment I'm stressed due to opening a home salon - the bloody builders are so behind and the work is dragging. My home doesn't feel homely with builders around.

Being diagnosed with Breast Cancer aged 29 after twice being misdiagnosed! Resulted in chemo and operation and radiotherapy. I am so grateful to be alive.

Being diagnosed with Breast Cancer aged 29 after twice being misdiagnosed! Resulted in chemo and operation and radiotherapy. I am so grateful to be alive.

I am really sorry to hear that, sending you big hugs and I hope you are well. Xx

Aww I really want to hug you all.

I have severe depression and totally lost the plot a couple of years ago. To take my mind of trying to find my marbles I turned my spare room into a beauty room. Two years later I still have depression but it's manageable and without beauty and my business I'd probably be in a mental hospital. Without my passion and love to be the best I wouldn't be where I am now.

It's a long road that I'm taking a steady stroll down. However il get to the end one day xx

I too feel like this, I feel like I cannot over come it but when I do hair and beauty I feel like a different person, I'm hoping that my biz will start to pick up so I can keep my mind off everything. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel I'm hoping you will find it soon, stay strong. Big hugs xx

Lowest point in mymlife was when my mum suddenly died. She was in Australia with the rest of my family while I was in England 3 weeks off from having my first baby. I couldn't fly out to her funeral. I was so sad my mum couldn't share the joy of my first baby with me.

Then 3 weeks after having my baby my dad died. Couldn't fly out for that funeral either.

I think having a baby helped me grieve as I was so busy, too busy to stop and think. Just such a shame my parents never got to know or see my children.

I am so sorry to read the terribly difficult times some have had.

My life's had so many dramatic ups and downs I can't keep up myself! This thread reminds me that bad stuff doesn't just happen to me, it happens to us all and makes us stronger for it!

Jesus, some of the people that have posted have made my life seem a doddle, god bless you all.

The hardest point in my life so far is now. Finding it difficult living with my mum as she has severe depression, struggles with alcohol & has what I believe to be a personality disorder. In honest truth I hate her, it is so difficult & the negativity is rubbing off on me, I feel like a dark cloud is following me around & genuinely feel depressed some days with no light at the end. I also have no job which means I have no choice but to live with her (& my dad) but I'm surviving & hoping to get Prince's Trust plans off the ground :) Something gotta give!

Earlier this year has been the lowest point for me. My mum has severe mental health issues, tried to end her life 3 times in the space of 12 weeks, and was finally diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. Horrible, horrible time.

Wont go into detail, there have been a few times where I found myself at rock bottom. Depression, it's a hard habit to kick.

What I have learnt is that if you allow yourself to sink slowly to the bottom, to the very bottom, when your feet touch the base, you can gather momentum and kick yourself off the ground and rise, swim to the top again. Think of being in a swimming pool. I hope this makes sense, I don't think I can express properly what I am trying to say.

Earlier this year has been the lowest point for me. My mum has severe mental health issues, tried to end her life 3 times in the space of 12 weeks, and was finally diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. Horrible, horrible time.

*hugs* So know what you're going through.

Ch-ela, I believe that too, I went through a bout of depression when I was 10-11, can't remember anything that's happened as I think I learnt to blank out that part of my life but I just seemed to grow out of it & be happy...very odd! Must have been because I'd hit rock bottom as you said :)

Big hugs to all of you.
I've had too many low points to pick the worst, but I just want to tell you all that no matter how bad things get, THEY WILL GET BETTER!

Just give it time and take care of yourselves.
Depression isn't something you can just 'snap out of' but it is something you can learn to live with and even control.
Be selfish for a while and eventually you will float back up out of the cloud, and when you do you will know its happening, so then you'll start doing things that will help you rise up quicker.

Have faith in yourself. You WILL get through this xx

Latest posts

Back