What were you doing this time last year?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snyggiss

Reaction score
Hi geeks! I thought it would be interesting and perhaps inspiring to see where we all are at a year later, so what were you doing this time last year and what are you doing now??

ME: I had just left my corporate job and decided to go study beauty therapy and started my level 2.
NOW: Ive finished my level 3 and now working full time in the spa I started working at part time last summer. Not much else has changed, just my career! still in the same house, same city, same OH and friends but Im so much happier!!:lol:

and you??

I was working as a waitress while building up my mobile client base and saving up to open a beauty salon. I am now 20yr and have 2 salons. I opened my beauty salon 9 months ago which quickly became busy then early december i opened a hair salon opposite.It has been such an unbelievable year!

I was working as a waitress while building up my mobile client base and saving up to open a beauty salon. I am now 20yr and have 2 salons. I opened my beauty salon 9 months ago which quickly became busy then early december i opened a hair salon opposite.It has been such an unbelievable year!

OMG that is so impressive!! well done u, only 20 yrs old that's really impressive!:hug::hug::hug::hug:

On the beach in Cancun.....cocktail sun and lots of fun......

I was stuck in a job I hated. Just had a car crash and was having boyfriend issues. Very stressed.

Now I'm renting a beauty room in a hair salon,surrounded by fun friendly amazing people, only been there a few months so am very quiet but very happy working for myself. Still have boy issues though haha

Xx

I was blissfully working for a medical supplies manufacturer as an Engineering Coordinator, loving my job, loving my wage, loving my spending AND saving abilities, loving my car, loving that warmer weather was on it's way so i could ride my motorbike, loving almost everything about my life.

Until a few months later when it all fell apart & i got suddenly made redundant.

Then made the decision to try working for myself as i couldn't imaging finding another job i loved so much.

I'm enjoying the work i do, just wish i had more clients so i could get back to some kind of financial security again, oh & wishing that the next 48 weeks & 2 days fly by until i can get my driving/riding licence back again.

I was running my hairdressing business on foot and by taxis.
Having boy troubles, stressed, bad back from carrying everything lol.

Since then I've passed my test, working 6 days a week and full most days. Getting new clients every week by word of mouth and in general feel so much happier (also got a holiday booked with my other half in 16days yipee!)

When things are bad I just think well this time NEXT year i wont care :)

I was looking after my OH who had just come out of hospital and in the process of setting up my mobile nail business. OH is now doing well as us the business :)

I was thinking oh my god why did I leave my easy peasy full time sales job to do beauty, I have hardly any customers and am hardly earning any money, jan and Feb was dire and March wasn't looking much better, thank god the hubby was on a good wage.

Now I've got a great client base, had a fantastic Jan and Feb and am supporting myself after binning the husband! March isn't looking too fab but I'm using it as a way to spend more time brushing up on lost skills and attending more courses before the mad summer rush.

Long may my good fortune continue yay :)

I was planning my huge wedding that I didn't even want that ended up being terrible anyways. Curtsy of my b@!&h mother in law and her junkie son(her younger son not my hubby) Now.... I'm fatter and we are having fertility issues. So lookin forward to another fun year :rolleyes:

On the bright side we don't talk to his mom or brother anymore. Me and my hubby's relationship is better and he got a raise.

Well this time last year I was still without a full time job just odd nights working in a restaurant as I had come back from Cruise Ships and trying to get into a Salon.

Hated that time in my life i got so depressed and got fat! 😭

But now I'm in a lovely local salon working doing what I love. Still working at my local Chinese two nights a week, do Avon now and then keep my hand in and just took on another job working my days off as a Home Care assistant. So Monday Friday sat and every other Sunday caring. Tues,wed and thurs at the salon. And wed and sun evenings Chinese :)

All very busy lol it's fun though I enjoy it xxx

thanks for sharing your lovely stories, love reading them!!

I was running my hairdressing business on foot and by taxis.
Having boy troubles, stressed, bad back from carrying everything lol.

Since then I've passed my test, working 6 days a week and full most days. Getting new clients every week by word of mouth and in general feel so much happier (also got a holiday booked with my other half in 16days yipee!)

When things are bad I just think well this time NEXT year i wont care :)
-- yupp that is exactly how I always think too!

I'd just had my beautiful baby boy 2 weeks ago :) very tough but I have loved every minute of this past year!

i was a year younger....hee hee hee! xoxo

This time last year I had been a mobile nail tech for just 5 months. I had recently invested in Shellac and was panicking because noone was interested!! Oh how things change... I had my first CND course with Liza Smith and loved it - since then, Shellac has been my bread and butter.

I was also studying psychology with the Open University and my sister was pregnant with her 2nd child, celebrating the 1st child's 1st birthday. I have since dropped out of the Psychology course (business got busier and you can guess what I preferred lol) and my beautiful youngest nephew is nearly 1, the eldest nearly 2 :)

Xxx

I was 5 months in to 6 months of putting my feet up & spoiling myself, having opted for redundancy.
I was part way through buying an established salon and making plans to set myself up in management consultancy.

A year on I'm a bit heavier, a bit older but a lot happier being my own boss.

This time last year I lost my dog, cat, baby and friend all in the same month. My husband got made redundant and we had to move in with my parents. I had also just moved my business to a new area so didn't have any clients. Looking back last year was HARD!!

This year things are looking up, business is going well, husband is starting out on his own and getting there and I'm pregnant again.

This time next year we plan to be back in our own home with a gorgeous new bambino and hopefully two successful business's!!

This time last year I lost my dog, cat, baby and friend all in the same month. My husband got made redundant and we had to move in with my parents. I had also just moved my business to a new area so didn't have any clients. Looking back last year was HARD!!

This year things are looking up, business is going well, husband is starting out on his own and getting there and I'm pregnant again.

This time next year we plan to be back in our own home with a gorgeous new bambino and hopefully two successful business's!!

Oh my god what a lot to go through in a year! Good luck with everything and make sure you get a lot of rest before baby arrives theres no such thing afterwards! ;) x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

This time last year I had just been referred for ivf, now a year on, an operation, both fallopian tubes missing & another miscarriage later I am just waiting for my drugs to arrive to begin ivf round 2! So much happens in a year! Xx

Latest posts

Back