What will I do? Build another room or save the money?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinktnb

Reaction score
So, Ive finally sold my tan cab.
I had all these wonderful plans to make another room with the big gapping space it has left.
Now i have the space Im anxious!
Do i build a new room? Or do i save the money and make the space a pedicure area?

Id really value some advice.
What are your best profit making treatments??
I have a beauty room already, and my main part of the salon is used for nail treatments which is what we are best known for.
Should i make another room and arouse more interest or hold back??
Please help!
xx

Have you asked your clients? How many pedis do you do now?

You can offer pedicures now without a dedicated space and see how they take to the idea; you can use the space you already have and do pedicures in the salon ... many have done pedis at their nail stations (I used to). At least you can 'test the water' first as to how well received the service will be before you commit to a permanent change.

Here in Spain pedis are 25% of the salon business! Worth committing a dedicated space to. But if pedis in Scotland are a 'once in a while' treatment then I wouldn't throw money at it.

So, Ive finally sold my tan cab.
I had all these wonderful plans to make another room with the big gapping space it has left.
Now i have the space Im anxious!
Do i build a new room? Or do i save the money and make the space a pedicure area?

Id really value some advice.
What are your best profit making treatments??
I have a beauty room already, and my main part of the salon is used for nail treatments which is what we are best known for.
Should i make another room and arouse more interest or hold back??
Please help!
xx

Hi

Why not take a look in your area and see what is NOT being offered? Perhaps there's a market for that treatment.

By offering something different, you are potentially opening your doors to a whole new batch of clients!:)

If the business calls for it make it a ped room. What I was thinking of doing when I got settled and such was making my ped room a 'mood' room. Some candles - even those electric ones - and some aroma therapy. Make it something they won't forget.

Good luck!

Would you have to take on another member of staff to man the beauty room?

You could do pedis in the new beauty room as well as beauty.

Do you offer gel overlays on toes? Minx?

I have to say we have a fantastic and regular pedicure business in Glasgow and we built a pedi station area for under £150 (hubby is a great handyman though, lol!) which the clients like better than being up on one of the beauty beds.

If you could set something up as cheaply as this, wouldn't it be worth a go? Even if it doesn't set the world on fire you will definitely get your money back. Pedicure business really takes off come Easter and it's non-stop through to September. Add in Minx and Brisa Indestructible French and you'll do great!:)

I do quite a bit of sparkly gel, plain gel, pink & whites and minx toes.
We dont do alot of pedicures, but maybe a dedicated area would increase this.
Im loving the idea of a mood room, even a mood area would be nice.
xxx

Latest posts

Back