what would the product have been?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tickled Pink!

Reaction score
What is the product that is applied out of a polish bottle and cured under a UV light either over airbrushing or P&W liquid and powder extensions?

The reason i ask, is i had a client come to me from a NSS, she had a set of their MMA acrylics and airbrushed afterwards. She didn't enjoy her experience with the drill and i have educated her to come to me for her infills (i didn't soak them off, as reckoned her natural nails had been through enough!) However, her nail art took some taking off! She said it had been airbrushed on and then a top coat applied (from a varnish type bottle) and cured under a UV lamp. It was very glossy and obviously very hard wearing. Although it could eventually be removed with polish remover, i ended up buffing.

I am intrigued to know what it would be as at the moment i currently buff my finished enhancements to a high shine (girlfriend buffer) but would perhaps like to offer a 'permanent high gloss finish' as an extra and at an extra charge either over the permanent french or over airbrushing... Maybe this would also be a good option for keeping my art 'intact' whilst doing clients. It doesn't matter how hard i try to keep the polish remover, srub fresh etc away from my nails, the art always looks a little worse for wear after a full day!

can anybody shed any light?

I think I have seen a product it could be. Thermo shield from nsi. Im sure it comes in a polish style bottle and needs 2 b cured with a uv light. It also advertised as a top coat.

Star Nails also make a UV Gel top coat that is applied like a nail polish.

Hi

I am totally in love with the brisa finishing gloss at the moment! Its beautiful! Soo glossy and so clear. In fact i love the whole brisa range!

I am officially converted back to gel. (welll for the moment :rolleyes: )

As a finishing gel, nailorder lightbox gel has come up on searches as a good one...does anyone know anything about this product? Is it buffed off or removed with acetone? What wattage lamp is needed to cure? Can it be used over airbrushed nail art and nail polish?
any help appreciated

Could also be perma gloss from NSI, doesnt exactly come in a polish shaped bottle, more like a little bottle of primer, but it does brush on and it does cure under a uv lamp and it is really shiney (also comes with primer). I have used thermoshield too which does look like a polish bottle and either cures under a 60w bulb or a lamp, out of the two i'd say the perma gloss is the harder wearing. hth

Could be Soleil (think that'show you spell it) from INM??

the ibd top coat comes in what looks like a varnish bottle and is cured under a lamp, and is very good. which makes me think if she had mma nails, the likly hood is, the top coat will probley not be a decent one?! Dont know just a thought.

OPI also makes a UV topcoat that is very thick and needs to be "buffed off"

I know Star nails do a top coat that needs to be cured with a lamp a UV top coat, leaves a high gloss.

I personally highly recommend Airshield from NSI which is airdried in 3 minutes and is really glossy and the shine lasts for 2 weeks no problem. I found it good too for protecting my nail art when i'm doing other clients.

its called "quattro" from star nails and its brilliant, it has a fantastic shine.....:biggrin: u do have to file it off though, not polish remover.......

thanks geeks..i have decided to go with NSI perma gloss - with their portable UV lamp at £54.95 you get the Perma Gloss kit worth £20 thrown in...will give a whirl and see how i get on...

From last time I spoke to Doug about this issue (UV cured top coats), he was insisting that there was no top coat that cured under UV lights. Many simply cure a little faster by simply putting it under a warm UV lamp ;)
True UV curing products are very difficult to remove with solvents (if not really impossible).

You can test this by applying a 'uv' cured top coat over a tip and then placing it to the side (away from UV light) and revisit it later on. If its hard... it cures via evaporation and not UV light (like all top coats). The reason I am mentioning this is because A- you may get as good (or better) results from a slwo drying top coat and B- You may not have to worry about getting a UV light.

Saying that, there are also UV finishing gels, though I am not sure how they would do over such a smooth surface.
If you want another option without the needed UV light (that you have to buff off) there is also Faze 2... just remember that it can only be put over cured enamels (otherwise solvents get trapped in the coating).

Latest posts

Back