What Would You Do? Annoying Client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't worry about losing any clients because she tells people you were rude (not that you should be rude to her). Her friends will know exactly what she is like and will take everything she says with a pinch of salt anyway.

Paypal?
I wouldn't bother though, as everyone said, what are the chances she would bother?
Don't worry about being unproffessional it's your business!!
I would be sooo blunt I don't think i would be able to help myself!! xx

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

yeah but we expect nothing else but you being 'blunt' (and worse!) with your clients... we all know what you do to your poor clients... 'hose', 'neck', 'bank' spring to mind!! :o omg i'm sat here loling haha :D

if she doesn't pay her deposit and of course she isn't going to then you don't have to entertain her anymore. no more silly games. x

It's bothering me in the sense of 'here we go again' kinda way.. just really can't do with time wasters, on any level. :o
Emily,
I had just such a client: always cancelling at the last minute, ignoring my "no children" policy, always wanting a discount on her services, demanding countless glasses of champagne. I even tried the "last client of the day" deal, too. She still stood me up. Time is money and she was costing me both. I could have booked someone in her slot. I felt that she was no longer a valued client so I implemented a cancellation policy, just like a doctor's office. So I told her my new cancellation policy: If she didn't give me 24 hours notice, I'd charge her a $25 cancellation fee. I gave her notice and I gave her a one time courtesy and, of course, what do you think happened? She took advantage of the one time cancellation courtesy cancelling 2 minutes before her appointment (when I had 9 people on standby) and never came back. After I added up all the no-shows and the countless glasses of champagne, she had cost me thousands of dollars. Good riddance I say.

yeah but we expect nothing else but you being 'blunt' (and worse!) with your clients... we all know what you do to your poor clients... 'hose', 'neck', 'bank' spring to mind!! :o omg i'm sat here loling haha :D

if she doesn't pay her deposit and of course she isn't going to then you don't have to entertain her anymore. no more silly games. x

Well what can I say we need to take a stand and if it means resorting to my kind of behaviour then well...
Haha I'm loling too, maybe I shouldn't give advice haha :p x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

I wouldn't worry about losing any clients because she tells people you were rude (not that you should be rude to her). Her friends will know exactly what she is like and will take everything she says with a pinch of salt anyway.
Agreed.

Before Christmas I had a client who would have her nails done weekly, whether it be her toes or fingers, she was always booking in for something and seemed pleased with my work.

Then, mid-December, whilst doing her a set of acrylic enhancements, her little girl (who's 2), came over to the table (I'm mobile and was working in their home) and poured my powder into the liquid. Fortunately there was only about 10 sets worth of powder left in my pot and I didn't have any more clients that day but it did mean that I had to go straight to Sweet Squared for the bookings the next day.

Anyway, she didn't offer any money but I asked her to round up the cost of what she owed, £22 - I asked for £30 .. not a lot really since her daughter had just lost me £200 worth of acrylic, and that's me pricing nails at the lower end of the market, it would've been more of a loss to other techs!!:rolleyes:

..Since then, she has asked me many MANY times to go and do her fingers with Shellac, acrylic, MINX and also asked for eyelashes but within hours of booking she finds an excuse to cancel and it's driving me insane!

Feb - Does Shellac go on toes? Yes. Okay well i'm growing my nails so will be in touch soon. Okay, no probs.

..one week later. Hi Emily, any appointments today? Yes, 3pm any good? Yeah cool, how much? £24.. 2 mins later.. Shiit I can't do that time, got dentist, i'll leave it for today!

March - Made a booking for eyelashes via Facebook. Text me 3 hours before due to go to her to say that her daughter was ill so could we leave it.

April - 4th. Hi Emily, how much for fingers & toes Shellac'ed and eyelashes? Gave price. Okay i'll book next week when I see my diary!

The next day... Emily, are you free tomorrow for a set of tips? I started getting fed up so said no (even though I was) but that I was free on Friday. Her reply - No I'm working :rolleyes: .. 2 hours later... Anything tonight? Sent at 19.32!!!!!:eek:

I replied at 21.11 as i'd been busy working saying that i'd only just seen the message, she didn't reply.

April 19th. Do you have red Shellac? Yes I do. Okay, don't know whether to have that or MINX? ..entirely upto you I've got both. Think I'll have cheetah. After a few messages, she said she wanted Thursday morning.

Later that evening, she remembers she had to go get some shopping so could I do the Thursday evening instead, I couldn't/wouldn't so we left the booking.

May - 8th. Any chance of my nails doing on Thursday? Yep, what time? 1.30pm? Yes, booked you in.

Today. Any chance of doing my nails tomorrow instead? Yeah, i've only got 1.30 free though. Ye that's fine.

...5 minutes later... she remembers she is working nights tonight and doesn't know if she'll be up in time.

I reply saying okay do you want to go back to the Thursday booking and she isn't replying.

Arrrrgh, as you can see it is VERY VERY frustrating!!!!! I'm sorry for the long post, hope it isn't too confusing - I just wanted to give a real feel for what she's like, what would you do?

She was a fab customer before Christmas and now she drives me insane!:irked:

Emily,

Sounds like she's turned into a client from hell. I think we serve ourselves well professionally when we tell a client that perhaps she can best be served somewhere else where the hours are more in tune with hers: "It seems that the time constraints of my schedule can't meet the demands of your busy schedule." Blah, blah, blah.

Emily,

Sounds like she's turned into a client from hell. I think we serve ourselves well professionally when we tell a client that perhaps she can best be served somewhere else where the hours are more in tune with hers: "It seems that the time constraints of my schedule can't meet the demands of your busy schedule." Blah, blah, blah.

The post highlighted above in blue is more or less exactly what my leaflet says - find the services of another salon.

Jacqui xx

I would be hesitant to book her again. Instead of texting I might talk with her over the phone and point out that she has cancelled the last 5 out of 6 bookings, and explain that you had clients that would have booked in if she would not have made the appointment. She needs to understand that your time is money. If she cancels again I would let her know that you can only take her as a walk in (if you offer this), or not at all.

I had a client like this, I just stopped responding to any inquires. They eventually got the hint. If anyone cancels or no shows I also put *Do Not Book next to their name in my phone so I don't forget. I had a lady no show and then a year later try to book again! If i hadn't have marked her in my phone I would've booked her again!

You know what I'd do with your Thursday appt... Book someone else in specifically for the time slot you have offered her and as she did not get back to you in a timely manner tell her unfortunately the time slot has been booked as you are (for lack of better words, still have baby brains) very wanted and don't have another appt for a couple of weeks and make up a time when she tries to book it say sorry that slot has just been booked, you can only hold a space open for xxx time. If she's bugging you play her at her own game. And advise you will be charging the deposit!!

i personally would take deposits. i have several cloents who are like this and once they cancel on me last minute twice i take a deposit before booking any future treatment. i would prefer to not have there business than them keep messing me around. i just explain that unfortunatly i am now having to take deposits for all treatments booked in advance.

Latest posts

Back