What would you do here-quite a quickie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
A fairly new client brought in a pic of nails with detail finger which was basically what I have seen done at Christmas and is meant to look like a Santa hat with the top flopping over onto the nail and a white line representing the fur. She was absolutely decided on it but in blue, so, not wanting to appear rude or shatter her excitement about this lovely design, I didnt point out it was a Christmas design.

However when I bumped into her in town she said next time she wants it in red.

Awkward.

Would you do it anyway? Or say something? She just sees it as a pattern.

She wants what she wants, do it.

why wouldn't you?!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Maybe it's just one of things that you don't see until someone points it out. I used to have a client that was adamant she wanted red and green nails with gold sparkle - that to me, screams Christmas. But she liked it so I kept shtum. Ignorance is bliss, and all that. :)

I would probably just casually mention whilst doing prep that you did lots of these at Christmas, and ask what it is that she likes best about the pattern. That leaves it in her court.
She might realise it. Can you do something similar but not too Christmassy looking?

I would probably just casually mention whilst doing prep that you did lots of these at Christmas, and ask what it is that she likes best about the pattern. That leaves it in her court.
She might realise it. Can you do something similar but not too Christmassy looking?

I did put a bit more of a curl on the "hat".

I didn't see a problem till my husband said won't people ask her why you've done santa hats in the summer? Then it got me thinking lol

But as others have said, if she wants it, well . . . .
the customer is always right.

When you book the appointment with her, or confirm it, I'd just pop the word hat in, so say something like "okay, so we're still going for the hat nail art?"

then if she hasn't realised, that might prompt her, and she'll either say yes please or omg no!

I'd just leave it, some people don't notice the design and just see patterns. I had a client who I know relatively well (and she's not one bit girly, she's usually purples, blacks, etc) she saw a bright pink set of extensions/pre designed tips she LOVED in my collection and decided she just had to have them, so we tried them. She hadn't even noticed the "swirls" were in fact "hearts" till I mentioned it and she was like "Oh my gosh! I didn't even notice they were hearts, I just thought they were swirls!"

So I'd just leave it at that and not say anything :lol:

I agree with Izzidoll, it's more for us to say what they should/shouldn't have on the nails. It's up to them what they want. I sometimes do designs that in my opinion don't seem right, but if they're happy with the nails that's all that matters. Some people may look at my nail design choices and may not think much of my choice; we are all different but if I was paying, I wouldn't be impressed if someone told me choice isn't right xx

...jewels not tools...

Last edited by a moderator:
As a complete Christmas nut myself, I would happily wear Christmas designs year round if I didn't fear my husband would have me sectioned!

But, there is a growing trend for "Christmas in July" and the lady could simply be attending such an event and wanting an appropriate design on her nails.

Either way, I don't think its up to us to decide. The clients pay us!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm not saying that she shouldn't have them, just that I would be intrigued as to why she would want them.

I would just say when she comes in "so are we going with the Santa hats in red this time" see what she says.
She might not have realised or like me could be a Christmas nut :)

Sent from the catphone

Latest posts

Back