What would you do with this client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HannahKate

Reaction score
hello lovelies hope you are well :)
So ive been doing really well since i qualified and last saturday was my businest day yet!
my last mobile appointment of the day was an infill, over some acrylics done by someone else, that were about 2 weeks old.
I did suggest a new set but she was keen to get a bit more life out of them.
One of the nails had already fallen off, so I put a new one on and infilled over the rest. They looked lovely and she was very happy, but of course, today she messaged me to tell me that 2 have pinged off.
I was wary of this because one had already come off.
So, Ive repled suggesting a removal and a full new set by me because I know my work is of a high standard and will last, and that Im not happy to keep 'patching over' someone elses work because they'll just keep coming off, also, my minimum call out charge is £15 so i cant keep coming out to fix 1 or 2 nails.
She has told me that she doesnt have enoughmoney for a new set until payday in a few weeks so she cant pay me all at once.
I want to accommodate all my clients because Im new and Im very concious of keeping people happy incase of bad reviews but I really feel like I should be telling her to wait 2 weeks and then have new ones.
Sorry for the long post, just not sure what the best course of action is here without losing future business as she is generally a nice girl.

I should add, what shes asked me to do is come and just put 2 new nails on that have come off.

I'd stick to my guns, otherwise it'll be another one next week & the next week. You've set the precedent if you out to her.

Her bank balance isn't your problem.

Nope, no way, no how.

No, don't fix any more for her. Insist her next appointment with you is for a new full set and to get in touch when she is ready to book (after payday)

Why has she left her previous nail tech?
Perhaps they could do a removal for her?? [emoji12]

Stick to your reply hun. In this game if you give an inch ppl end up (trying to!) take a mile!

You advised her to go for a soak off & new set at the start- she didnt so tough, she either pays the £15 to have the 2 fixed or waits till payday & pays for a soak off & new set then.

Sorry if I sound harsh but honestly, start as you mean to go on xx

Stick to your reply hun. In this game if you give an inch ppl end up (trying to!) take a mile!

You advised her to go for a soak off & new set at the start- she didnt so tough, she either pays the £15 to have the 2 fixed or waits till payday & pays for a soak off & new set then.

Sorry if I sound harsh but honestly, start as you mean to go on xx
YES!
This is exactly my stand point on the matter, I think im being a pansy because Im still trying to make everyone happy!

Its hard when we work on our own isnt it? You start to doubt yourself & end up doing things that you never would usually just cos you dont have anyone telling you otherwise lol!

Well done on your sucess so far hun :) xx

Omg I have had problems like this and also being a newbie I find it hard to deal with difficult clients, I understand new clients are so valuable but be confident in your skill and put your foot down! You don't want a client who doesn't value your knowledge anyway hun x

Ok so update, I put on my big girl pants and said I am happy to come out and apply 2 new nails if thats what she really wants as long as she understands that the others will probably carry on coming off, and that I will have to charge her my £15 minimum call out price. She said she's happy with that, and has asked if she can book me to do a full set of sculptured acrylics in 2 weeks when shes been paid so i guess thats not a bad outcome :)

Yay for big girl pants :)

Just goes to show we fret about something when theres totes no need to! Well done on the way you handled it & bagging a new client hun xx

I know, what a wet lettuce I am!
I just hate telling people no, and I avoid confrontation like the plague!
Its all good though, Im glad Im keeping her as a client because we did get on :)

Explain that keep going and doing repairs ... firstly the one nail and infill (at charge).. then replace 2 nails(at charge) .. couple days later another couple of nails(at charge)... financially a new set would b easier on her pocket and also gives you a piece of mind and less stress wondering when the next nail flipped off

I always insist in removing previous nails done by another tech. Until recently I was mobile and had a minimum spend of £15.

Latest posts

Back