What would you do in this situation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dales nails

Reaction score
Long thread coming im afraid geeks so please bear with me.
I have a regular loyal client, she has a loose volume perm roughly every 4 months have done this for years, always used dulcia tonica , no problems. I usually get a text after her hair appointment gushing how much she loves it etc.
Well the last time i did it loreal have changed the formula of dulcia, and it was far looser than normal. I didnt mention anything at the time and just waited to see how it faired
.At her next appointment for a CBD she didnt mention anything about it (where she usually says how much she loves it) and it had really dropped hardly any wave in it.
I received a text from her to ask if she could have a perm at her next appointment which is this thursday. well it was only 2 1/2 months since her last one and she usually goes every 4months so she must feel its really dropped.
Now shes not mentioned that she was unhappy with her last perm but I was. Now what would you do would you reperm free of charge and just charge for a cbd and admit you were unhappy with the way her last perm turned out and use a different perm.
Or wait to see if she mentions anything, which Im not sure whether she will or not? If not would you just charge her as normal?
Shes a very regular loyal client so not sure what way to approach it.
If you were in this situation what would you do?

If it was a loyal client and I myself had noticed that the service I carried out wasn't quite as I'd have liked then I would probably only charge for the cbd or perhaps do it again half price? Explain that the formula has changed also. Better to be out of pocket on one occasion than risk losing a regular client? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

It's the British thing not to complain, but more than likely she isn't happy (just as you aren't) so when she comes in don't mention anything until she does, if after 10 minutes she says nothing then ask if she would like to try a different perm solution.

On the part of cost, only you can decide. If you are going to try a perm solution you haven't used before then maybe offer it cheaper for this time only.
Hope all works out well. And she can't be that disappointed or she would go elsewhere, so she must be pleased with your work and realise it was a perm problem not yours xoxo

Oh, ps. I hate it when they alter a product but don't tell you. Xoxo

I'd be honest with her,and do it for free I'm a strong believer in looking after our loyal clients, she will appreciate it so much.

what are you going to different this time around to ensure it doesn't happen again??

I'd be honest with her,and do it for free I'm a strong believer in looking after our loyal clients, she will appreciate it so much.

what are you going to different this time around to ensure it doesn't happen again??

I'd do it for free xx sounds like she was too embarrassed to day anything. She probably isn't expecting a freebie so will give you a little something anyway x

Thanks geeks just think i needed a bit of reassurance, as id feel better not charging her. I think Ill explain that the previous perm solution has changed slightly and that Ive noticed that it hasnt had the same result as usual . And that Ill be using a different solution (wella) this time. Ill use a cleansing shampoo prior to make sure theres no build up of products etc, Ill also do a test piece to make sure of compatability whilst im cutting her hair. Any other reccomendations guys and thanks again.xx

Long thread coming im afraid geeks so please bear with me.
I have a regular loyal client, she has a loose volume perm roughly every 4 months have done this for years, always used dulcia tonica , no problems. I usually get a text after her hair appointment gushing how much she loves it etc.
Well the last time i did it loreal have changed the formula of dulcia, and it was far looser than normal. I didnt mention anything at the time and just waited to see how it faired
.At her next appointment for a CBD she didnt mention anything about it (where she usually says how much she loves it) and it had really dropped hardly any wave in it.
I received a text from her to ask if she could have a perm at her next appointment which is this thursday. well it was only 2 1/2 months since her last one and she usually goes every 4months so she must feel its really dropped.
Now shes not mentioned that she was unhappy with her last perm but I was. Now what would you do would you reperm free of charge and just charge for a cbd and admit you were unhappy with the way her last perm turned out and use a different perm.
Or wait to see if she mentions anything, which Im not sure whether she will or not? If not would you just charge her as normal?
Shes a very regular loyal client so not sure what way to approach it.
If you were in this situation what would you do?

For a regular I'd do it complimentary, people sometimes do t complain because they'd feel awkward or worry about upsetting or offending you.

Just as the leading question of "so how's your hair been" and she might mention that it hasn't lasted as well, it much nicer to try and get your client to lead the way rather than jump in an ask I think.

Charge her half price. :)) that's what I would do ;)

You see, I wouldn't not charge!

As much as I love my regulars, if I was unhappy I personally wouldn't let them leave the salon util I was 100% sure I was happy with it. In this case it is not your fault it was the product that let you down! :(

If she had sad something sooner maybe I would have done it free of charge but just over two months!

Maybe charge a little to cover product remember you're still a business :)
Xxxx

You see, I wouldn't not charge!

As much as I love my regulars, if I was unhappy I personally wouldn't let them leave the salon util I was 100% sure I was happy with it. In this case it is not your fault it was the product that let you down! :(

If she had sad something sooner maybe I would have done it free of charge but just over two months!

Maybe charge a little to cover product remember you're still a business :)
Xxxx

I disagree the origional poster was unhappy with the results and should have said something at the time. I don't perm but if I colour someone's hair and feel its not 100% right I will make sure it is before they leave the salon :)

Oops! I meant I would ** thank you I agree!

Ive had this problem hate the new formula!

Thanks geeks just think i needed a bit of reassurance, as id feel better not charging her. I think Ill explain that the previous perm solution has changed slightly and that Ive noticed that it hasnt had the same result as usual . And that Ill be using a different solution (wella) this time. Ill use a cleansing shampoo prior to make sure theres no build up of products etc, Ill also do a test piece to make sure of compatability whilst im cutting her hair. Any other reccomendations guys and thanks again.xx

I would do it her for free and I used dulcia once and I was disappointed by the product try using gold well there good swartzcoft or wella like you said I've tried these brands and I been very happy with the results x

If you was not happy and the clients okay with the service then i wouldnt probe any further unless it is mentioned.

You could simply pass off in conversation the formula was recently changed, and because you love her so much, and to shh! she shouldnt tell anyone else, you'll part charge her for the product use! She will be happy and so will you! Best out of the situation, win win! I wouldnt do it for free, regardless, although she may be loyal, sometimes, these things happen and its how you deal with them! xoxo

Latest posts

Back