What would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alfie19

Reaction score
Hi everyone what would you do if this happens : new client her brief history with a hairdresser is she had full head of bleach and hi lift foils then wanted to go darker but keep as light as pos so they pre pig n used their target shade( don't know which) she went back in two week later as it faded so they explained they will take her slightly darker to allow for fading. She now has come to me with this 1inch of white/grey 90%then a 2inch band of very warm/orangey/red and the mid/ends a lighter version of the 2inch band(around a 6 line).she said she would ideally want to be like a 7/38. What would you do :)

Anyone? I'm a mobile hairdresser that hasn't really done a great deal of colouring and I'm going to the Wella academy in a few weeks to more or less start from scratch.i joined this site as I thought it would be great for support n help n guidance till I get there as there is quite clearly lots of very well educated colourists on here n I was hoping for some help . I love reading posts and I'm learning a lot please give some feed back :(

Did they darken it all over or did they put foils in? And how light/dark is it now? Not sure why they've been using bleach if she's 90% grey tho?

Last edited:
Hi :) yes they've darkend it all over. Don't know why they've bleached it, tbh don't know why they've taken her that dark either! Ive had a chat with some else off here who's been fab, I just wondered what others would do. I've taken some strands and done a cleanse and applied 1/2 7/38 and 1/2 77/0 6% but its looking abit to gold. Am I on the right tracks. My clients know I'm not confident with colouring and I won't do out I'm not sure off so unless my strand tests are bob on she knows I won't proceed :)

Oh she's looking a base 6 now

Personally start from scratch, remove the unwanted undertones with a simple cleanse shampoo then see what your left with and go from there,
Maybe something like 77/0 with done mahogany and mic tone? As you can't mix 77/0 with anything else x

Hi :) oh I don't understand what you mean with mahogany..

And what is mic tone or is that short for something lol. X

Realised that soon as I sent that reply :) x

So if the cleanse is left with fairly gold tones and I use 77/0 could I use The violet mixtone to knock some gold out or am I totally wrong? I don't want it looking karki x

If its yellow gold use violet, if its orange gold use blue x

Thanks Hun :) btw what did you mean with the mahogany ? X

Well mahogany is a deep rich colour but its not gold, or red its more a deep brown red which is great for covering white hair with one of the double base shades x

I covered one of my bright blondes with Tigi Gloss 7/35 straight up and it is magnificent. It has also held up beautifully after 3 weeks.

I covered one of my bright blondes with Tigi Gloss 7/35 straight up and it is magnificent. It has also held up beautifully after 3 weeks.

I did 7/5 with 8.5 but I pre pigged with /33 6g and 4g /44 120ml water dried it in, her previous was 100/83

Thanks for the input will let you know how I get on :) xxx

I'm not a hair geek but .... blue rinse I love reading your replies :)

Latest posts

Back