What would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gee

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm just looking for a bit of advice, not sure if this is the right place to put it.

I have been lashing a lady, her sister and 2 nieces for a while now. She decided a few months ago that she'd like to start lashing, she asked if i'd teach her but as i'm not qualified to teach i said i couldn't and passed on the contact details of the trainer that taught me.

She did her course and seems to be doing well, she's asked me questions during her appointments and i'm fine giving her advice.

There have been a few things that have been said that are niggling me though. Her sister said that she'd asked her to say her lashes were done by her and not me if anyone asks her where she had them done, and has also tried putting her sister off the volume lashes that i've just trained in, saying they won't last as long and they are just like cluster lashes :grr:

Last night i received a lovely text from one of her nieces, she thanked me for doing her lashes but said her Auntie has offered to do her lashes free for the first 4 appointments and then £5 after that. So she has taken her up on her offer, which i completely understand, why wouldn't she. It's her Auntie and she feels loyal to her and she's getting her lashes for next to nothing.

I don't have a problem with this, but this lady still has her lashes done by me and may continue to ask me for my advice regarding lashing, products etc and I don't know if i feel like i'm spitting my dummy out by feeling like i don't want to give her advice or if i feel justifiably annoyed that she's 'taken' one of my clients by offering a much cheaper service and then is asking for my advice to improve her treatments. Obviously if it wasn't her Niece it would be a completely different story.

What do you think and what would you do if this happened to you?

Thanks,

Gee x

That's a hard one... I would be abit annoyed with it... Why don't you tell her if she needs advice and more knowledge to go back to her trainer? ... If she's going to take all your ways to improve the service it may end up you losing all of them as clients apart from her. Just tell her practice makes perfect and if she's still needing advice have more training :) x

Thanks Abbie.

I don't share all my years of knowledge with her, just the basics if she asks. I tell her it takes time and practice. But yes I will definitely be telling her she needs to speak to her trainer if she's having problems :)

I think I'm just having a hard time with it because it's not something i would ever do to another therapist, especially not to the therapist I still go to for treatments.

x

I think you sound lovely.......she just sounds cheeky. Tbh I really don't think she'll last.

Thank you :) you're probably right x

Latest posts

Back