What's a good hair color line..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Shocked at that Perry. I found that MajiBlonde have more tones available than any other manufacturer. 900, 900S, 901, 901S, 902, 903, 903S, 904, 921, 911, 913 = 11 blondes. 900S and 901S lift amazingly well from level 6 - very clean and very healthy too.

I'm also a fan of Wella Hilift Blondes and found 12/0, 12/1 and 12/89 were my staples when I used Wella. ULN and ULA in Matrix too. All fab shades!

How about a hilift blonde I could never get to work? Goldwell! It just never lifted as clean as L'Oreal or Wella, but some people swear by it! :eek:

Ive just found with loreal that they never seem to counteract the warmth, with the ash tones that is...love 900s though :)
I also found that even on a light base, they always looked quite dull in comparison to other brands.
Just my opinion though :)

Ive just found with loreal that they never seem to counteract the warmth, with the ash tones that is...love 900s though :)
I also found that even on a light base, they always looked quite dull in comparison to other brands.
Just my opinion though :)

We must have different water LOL.

You have highlighted though (excuse the pun) that hair colour really is a personal thing. I am convinced that we all see colour slightly differently, because I'll watch a stylist use 900S and be happy with it, whereas for me I would have used 901S on that particular client.

What are your favourite shades in a colour chart? I tend to edge towards golds and coppers. Maybe that's why?

;)

We must have different water LOL.

You have highlighted though (excuse the pun) that hair colour really is a personal thing. I am convinced that we all see colour slightly differently, because I'll watch a stylist use 900S and be happy with it, whereas for me I would have used 901S on that particular client.

What are your favourite shades in a colour chart? I tend to edge towards golds and coppers. Maybe that's why?

;)

Yes I agree totally! To some hairdressers, colour is colour, but to others, the brand is everything!
I don't really have a preference but if I were to choose, I'd say beige/ash for blondes (10,21/9,23) and anything chocolates for browns (coffe shop for example)

Hi, loreal is fab nice and natural does the job, have used it for 20+ years . Use wella koleston for a few tones that loreal at mo have discontinued.
Wouldn't change!!!

Never heard of logics in matrix?! Just socolour and colour sync! Also a lot of my clients had reactions with wella especially the toners! But matrix are fab! The blondes are really good the only thing I would say is the blondes in 11 and ul are amazing and 10g but anything around a base 9 is quite dull where as in wella they had nice vibrant blondes at any base level! But maybe I'm just not used to matrix yet as we've only had it since June! X

I know what you mean! What colours do you use normally for toners and in general? Have you used spectrum or ice creme? X

No I've not used spectrum but from what I can gather its like matrix graphics which I used to love!! I use alot of the reds, alot of 6 & 8 & I like mixing up a nice choc brown! I might & get on a course to be more adventurous! xVx

No I've not used spectrum but from what I can gather its like matrix graphics which I used to love!! I use alot of the reds, alot of 6 & 8 & I like mixing up a nice choc brown! I might & get on a course to be more adventurous! xVx

Yeah i'm gunna get on some courses in the new year, the training centre's like a 20 min drive from me so it's silly not to! :)

Yeah i'm gunna get on some courses in the new year, the training centre's like a 20 min drive from me so it's silly not to! :)

That's handy for you 😉 I've got a list of courses I'd like to do in the new year as I'm returning in march from maternity leave & also renting a room in a beauty salon so defo need to get new clients & also hope my regular clients return to me. xVx

That's handy for you 😉 I've got a list of courses I'd like to do in the new year as I'm returning in march from maternity leave & also renting a room in a beauty salon so defo need to get new clients & also hope my regular clients return to me. xVx

If I get on any training days before you get chance to, il let you know what they're like...this years courses were £45 each so I can't see them not being good value! X

If I get on any training days before you get chance to, il let you know what they're like...this years courses were £45 each so I can't see them not being good value! X

That's really good!! That would be brill Perry if u don't mind!! Have a good Christmas xVx

Course not :) you too! X

Hi perry hope ur well & had a good Xmas & new year. Just wondering if u use affinage highlift tint& what do u think of it? I've got a client that's wants highlift tint alongside her bleach (fading bleach out) 1st time of doing her hair, base of a 5 but want to achieve a nice blonde? Or if u have any other highlift suggestions? xVx

Hi perry hope ur well & had a good Xmas & new year. Just wondering if u use affinage highlift tint& what do u think of it? I've got a client that's wants highlift tint alongside her bleach (fading bleach out) 1st time of doing her hair, base of a 5 but want to achieve a nice blonde? Or if u have any other highlift suggestions? xVx

12,1 would be your best bet really as its green ash so would neutralise the underlying red from a base 5...i dont think i have actually used an affinage highlift on a base that dark...it wouldnt lift that light obviously but it should be nice and clean...why is it you want to fade the bleach out?

I love l'oreal majirel, majiblond etc!!!x

12,1 would be your best bet really as its green ash so would neutralise the underlying red from a base 5...i dont think i have actually used an affinage highlift on a base that dark...it wouldnt lift that light obviously but it should be nice and clean...why is it you want to fade the bleach out?

It's my clients request, she used to have highlift tiny highlights before then dyed her hair dark & previous hairdresser has been doing bleach highlights but she wants to get back to a softer blonde with highlift tint.

I've never used loreaol what colours would u recommend?

Thanku xVx

Affinage for me!

It's my clients request, she used to have highlift tiny highlights before then dyed her hair dark & previous hairdresser has been doing bleach highlights but she wants to get back to a softer blonde with highlift tint.

I've never used loreaol what colours would u recommend?

Thanku xVx

ahh i see, definately go for the 12,1 then :) x

ahh i see, definately go for the 12,1 then :) x

Brill thanku, what peroxide do I use with it? I know some highlift u can use 30vol, was unsure if u have to use 30/40vol with it! I need to get a new colour manual from affinage! xVx

Brill thanku, what peroxide do I use with it? I know some highlift u can use 30vol, was unsure if u have to use 30/40vol with it! I need to get a new colour manual from affinage! xVx

you would need to use 40 vol on a base 5, but you could also add 25% of 12,0s to add an extra level of lift without affecting the tone :)

1:2 rstio for artic blondes with peroxide ;) x

oh and give affinage a call tomorrow and you'll have a manual by friday :)

you would need to use 40 vol on a base 5, but you could also add 25% of 12,0s to add an extra level of lift without affecting the tone :)

1:2 rstio for artic blondes with peroxide ;) x

oh and give affinage a call tomorrow and you'll have a manual by friday :)

Thankyou so much perry :) xVx

Latest posts

Back