What's in for Spring??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stampy

Reaction score
Hi, anyone got any ideas of what's in for Spring nail-wise?

What enamel colours do you think will be the most popular?

Karen x

hi, this may help - info taken directly from Hyperion web site hun

kx

BACKSTAGE NAIL TRENDS - 08/12/2006

It was a streamlined Team Creative (for Creative Nail Design) that provided the key nail looks for Giles, Jasper Conran, Armani, Ben Di Lisi, B-Rude, Ashley Isham, Ellie Saab and Louis Vuitton among others, for the Fashion Week Spring Summer 07 collections in London and Paris.

London Shows
Jasper Conran – nails buffed to a high shine with Girlfriend Buffer and oiled with Solar Oil for a natural very well groomed and ladylike finish.
B-Rude - Solid candy colours: blues, lilacs, pinks and pea green on girls (new Creative Nail Design Spring 07 “OPTIX” Collection) with Boys white or black nails for added attitude
Ben De Lisi - "Tutti Frutti" and "Hot Pop Orange" to match either shocking pink or bright orange lips.
Armani – chic and ever classic "Serenity" painted on short/medium nails
Nicole Farhi - Nude shades on neat nails ("Serenity" and "Negligee" are perfect)
Future Classics - Beige moons "Negligee" with high glossed "Voodoo" Black nails (like a pair of 1940's seamed stockings)
Giles - Custom blended Fluorescent Pink to offset natural makeup - "Dancetaria" is a perfect colour for this.
Saunders - Natural beige tones in "Beau"
Ashley Isham - "Pharaohs Gold" on tips nude base. Full gold toes
Paris Shows
Ungaro –“Souvenir Junkie” orange mid length to highlight coral coloured lips
Jasmine De Milo - deep coral orange tones - Think” “Vitality"
Louis Vuitton - Full crystal encrusted short nails. Long nails were kept buffed and nude.
Ellie Saab - Gold flecked tips in the new cult hit "VIP Status" on a nude base

There are three overall key looks for the coming season - Soft Gold's/light shimmer finishes or beige/nude/natural tones or hot bright colours. Nails that were shown to look natural all had washes of enamel to really even out the tones and capture an elegant but subtle fresh feel. The hot bright colours always echoed lips but on otherwise lightly made up faces. It is a young, fun look that actually anyone can achieve simply. The gold tips were a soft option for a little added drama and as nails were always short the look was playful yet glamorous.

The over riding shape for nails was short/medium oval and not too exaggerated. Hands and cuticles are smooth, moisturised and tidied with lashings of Solar Oil being used at all shows on fingers and toes.

Ahh, excellent, thanks! Anyone know what a 'moon' manicure is?

A moon manicure i like a reverse french. The Lunula is painted one colour and the rest is another! I love this look. Especially in a high contrast colour scheme.

never tried to do one but i can imagine it to be REALLY tricky !

Im sure there must be a knack to it...anyone want to share?

amb x

I heard Electric Blue was a hot colour for nails for Spring x

Fashion wise metallics keep being mentioned so i suppose nails to match.

I'm keen to get some new varnish colours, so am going to check out all the Spring Collections at ExCel next month.

never tried to do one but i can imagine it to be REALLY tricky !

Im sure there must be a knack to it...anyone want to share?

amb x

I was wondering that too. Surely you'd have to do the lunula first, swiping the edge to get it crisp, then butt the next colour to it - maybe, eh???

I heard hot pink and tangerine will be in for toes.

Latest posts

Back