What's the best cuticle remover for gel nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simsarahlou

Reaction score
Hello i use opi axxium which is a soak of gel polish. Opi recomend using swiss guard (their hand sanitizer) but sometimes i feel i need something tougher like a cuticle remover. However if the product is too nourishing it will make the gel lift. I know some brands have them but you must cleanse thoroughly off the nail before starting your gel service. What cuticle remover do you find works best for you

CuticleAway CND x

I use cuticle away when needed with shellac and I also use it with my balance hard gels. Just make sure you deactivate it with soap and water before dehydrating the nail.

CND Cuticle Away!!

xxx

Cuticle away cnd and watch the finger nail fixers guide to removing cuticle on YouTube you'll wish you'd seen it years ago I do!!

CND cuticle away :)

I too use cuticle away but I also dabble with ASP cuticle remover and Sally Hansen gel cuticle remover. :Love:

Does cuticle remover affect the gel polish? I had a problem with dramatic lifting/peeling this week (not happened before) and the only thing I'd done differently was use cuticle away.

Does cuticle remover affect the gel polish? I had a problem with dramatic lifting/peeling this week (not happened before) and the only thing I'd done differently was use cuticle away.

Did you deactivate it with water? x

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SalonGeek

I cleaned it off with wet sponge but maybe needed to be more thorough?

CND cuticle away is an amazing product which I use before all my services whether its a CND treatment, Biosculpture or just a file and polish. I never get any lifting, the cuticle away is on the nail for a few minutes and I remove it with a cotton wool pad with water and a small amount of soap on it, so it wouldn't affect the nail and cause your product to lift.

I cleaned it off with wet sponge but maybe needed to be more thorough?

I usually spray it with a water spray that has a tiny amount of hand soap in to deactivate the hydroxide and flush the nail plate clean, then wipe down the nail, scrubfresh etc. :Love:

I usually spray it with a water spray that has a tiny amount of hand soap in to deactivate the hydroxide and flush the nail plate clean, then wipe down the nail, scrubfresh etc. :Love:

I do this also. Pinched the idea from fingernail fixer. It's pretty effective. :) xx

Thanks for that - will try adding touch of soap too just to make sure.

Orly cutique, no need to deactivate, just clean the nail plate with scrubfresh
cuticle away I use only for toes, it works slower

Cnd cuticle away! By far the best and the only product that wows clients! :)

Latest posts

Back