Whats the best technique

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suedt1921

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have had a few clients over the last week with grey hair root regrowth anything between 1 and 2 inches. They have requested lighter pieces in the front as well as their roots retouching.

im interested to find out how you guys would do this as i have been bleaching in foils, while they are in applying full head colour. Once all washed out i use a toner for bleach.

What im struggling with is application of full head colour in between foils, i dont seem to be getting to roots to cover grey regrowth.

How can i get a better result?
tools? product? application?:confused:

I apply my tint methodically as I go. I never apply colour after finishing foiling as I don't want ti disturb the foil and risk bleeding. When hair is very grey and fouls ad tint are involved I take
The section to be weaved and then weave out what I want and hold out of the way. Apply tint to te roots of the section and then jus before I put the foil in I paint tint onto a few millimetres of the woven areas root. I then put bleach or whatever colour on the rest if the section. That way u cover the tiny area that often can leave tiny grey spots while still weaving to
Give highlights. :)

I do foils 1st, the just make sure I apply plenty of colour to root area esp at top of foil. I think it's easier to get all the colours developing at the same time as opposed to back of head in 30mins longer than front x

Thanks geeks.

when you apply the tint are you using brush or applicator bottle to get in between the foils?

Latest posts

Back