What's the best way to advertise, free or low cost?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lea2721

Reaction score
Hi i am a qualifued level 2 hairdresser still studying as want to gain level 3 theres no jobs available the oppertuntity has come to rent a chair where i have been doing work experiance, basically i just want to know the best way of advertising either for free or at little cost , i know facebook is goid but where do i start?
Im not focusing on cheap prices more on the fact i offer extremly good value for your money maybe some sort of loyalty scheme also, was thinking about flyers as would like to do some mobile work in eveings also any ideas or advice please id be very grateful :)
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Could go round local businesses and offer them a small discount in return for putting your flyer in their shop window/handing to customers.

Could also try a refer a friend scheme, for every new client an existing client brings you, you could knock a quid or 2 off their next bill. Even if they brought you 5 new clients and you knock a tenner off their next bill, thats 5 extra services you might not have had!

I could go on all day but I have to get ready for college now lol im sure theres a huuge thread on promoting your business but I cant think what its called for the life of me! Hth anyways :) xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

Thanks x

I have advertised for free on Netmums, Gumtree and a Bridal/wedding website.

They were added on about a week ago and no takers yet.

I also have my website and facebook business page

I am a make up and hair stylist so am probably going into a quiet time of year, I also keep being told its about 'word of mouth' with hair and make up and through a friend have got one potential bride.

Fingers crossed things improve xx

I have advertised for free on Netmums, Gumtree and a Bridal/wedding website.

They were added on about a week ago and no takers yet.

I also have my website and facebook business page

I am a make up and hair stylist so am probably going into a quiet time of year, I also keep being told its about 'word of mouth' with hair and make up and through a friend have got one potential bride.

Fingers crossed things improve xx

thankyou do i just got to keep spreading the word xx

Could go round local businesses and offer them a small discount in return for putting your flyer in their shop window/handing to customers.

Could also try a refer a friend scheme, for every new client an existing client brings you, you could knock a quid or 2 off their next bill. Even if they brought you 5 new clients and you knock a tenner off their next bill, thats 5 extra services you might not have had!

I could go on all day but I have to get ready for college now lol im sure theres a huuge thread on promoting your business but I cant think what its called for the life of me! Hth anyways :) xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

thanks that is a good idea xx

Latest posts

Back