What's the chat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
Premium Geek
Reaction score
A large part of my chat with clients seems to revolve around TV programmes, I swear I only keep watching Coronation Street to keep the chat going with some clients. I mean how bad has Corrie got recently?
Suits, The Good wife, Poldark, Elementary they all get discussed....Gogglebox has nothing on me and my clients!
For me Jonny Lee Miller is the best Sherlock Holmes, I mean Benedict Poshfellow is great too, but I want 22 episodes and Lucy Lui as Watson, thank you very much!

I am also thinking of starting a Book Club with my clients we discuss them so often, I could post the chosen book on my wall and they have to have read it by their next appointment! Think it will work?

What's the chat between you and your clients?

What I Actually said
Oh hi you're early. That's fine. Come on through.

What I really wanted to say
Can't you tell the time? You're half an hour early and I was half way through doing my own brazilian in preparation for The Event. Explain that one. I'm going with my daughter for goodness sake!

On a more serious note. I don't watch much TV at all so that's a bit of a non starter. I've told everyone that we're away this weekend to a big event called The Event and told them as much as I know.

I'm quite up on current affairs. I only read one newspaper and that's the Sunday times. I often just skim over it but it's great at deceiving Joe public if they have you tagged as thick because you're a beauty therapist. It's really hard to sound thick when you say "did you see that article in the times on Sunday?"

We're in hunting country so I often hear all about the hunt. I have no opinion. Smile and nod!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I watch all of those! Love a bit of sherlock! Poldark is a hunk...he can keep his top off! On Netflix i watched archer its like a cartoon version of a american james bond its hilarious, apparently its huge in America. In our salon the chat is whether Bruce jenner is transitioning? What gender the duchess is having? I love to read every day but i have such a varied clientele that i only talk book shop with my clients i know that read. Seems like reading and watching TV has become redundant!!! Xoxo

I only.Watch Emmerdale lol

Fortunately most of my.Clients have been.with me.a long.time so I always ask..how the wedding went, sick father ok...ETC..

New Clients ask if local (salon is in a holiday boating area) then chat about area, local points of interest..
If local,they normally.state during.consultation they haven't had hair done for X amount of time so I say something like, oooooo you'll have to mske.sure you get treated to lunch to show off your hair...that works a treat, client then follows on laughing.about lame tight husband, and probably won't notice, then restaurants come up
...most ofy.Clients know I love nice food so they tell me.where I need to try next....they're my own personal testers lol.

Before saying much I must admit, I had a good laugh after reading this…. I mean this is really the last concern for anyone :D … I usually do hairdressing and it’s such a relaxing thing that most of the clients prefer enjoying the moment instead of talking, but just in case I have anyone who is talks a lot then we mostly discuss about actress, models or latest products and tips.

Weather!
Gardening, this usually gets people chatting constantly.
Ask about children or grandchildren. Sometimes I worry I ask too much. And look dodgy...

I was talking non stop about game of thrones the other day... sometimes talk about hair too

Weather!
Gardening, this usually gets people chatting constantly.
Ask about children or grandchildren. Sometimes I worry I ask too much. And look dodgy...
This week for me was mostly about the weather and gardening.
Seriously though what is going on with the weather!!

Weather, Holidays, Weekend plans is the top 3 lol

I hate soaps they bore the life out of me and thankfully my customers want real life chat,

I find their stories fascinating they update me on how things are going and what they're going to be doing

some people are just so lovely and inspiring, many of my women are just amazing

I have some pretty interesting customers too, I love hearing about their lives :) I like it best tho when we've got a full salon of clients that are all super chatty, I don't have to speak a word the whole time :)

I have one chap who I honestly think is depressed.
And thankfully he's not the type that sucks the happiness out of you. But you just want to hug him and tell him that'll it'll all be ok. Conversation with him is hard.

I have a few clients who have really hard lives at the moment. But they're all so positive. And amazing.

I have a lady who comes to me for her Brazilian and leg wax to 'relax' and the conversation is always about her affairs (plural!) that she's having [emoji15]
Even when i try and change the subject it always comes back to that.

I have a lady who comes to me for her Brazilian and leg wax to 'relax' and the conversation is always about her affairs (plural!) that she's having [emoji15]
Even when i try and change the subject it always comes back to that.

Oh god i hate that... i do a girls hair and she told me about how she "did the deed" with some lad, who had a girlfriend but he was enjoying having his cake and eating it too... and then laughing about it. Disgusted i was x

Latest posts

Back