What's the difference between micro loop & ring extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmberExt

Reaction score
Hi!!

Im looking to add a second extension method, i currently do cold fusion which has its benefits for thin hair but is rather slow! I think i'd like to offer a micro ring method for variety but can anyone tell me the difference between ring & loop please?

The main difference im seeing is loops dont have the variety of suppliers as stick tips, are loops seen as the DIY method or something? The do seem to be smaller, some of the micro ring video's ive seen make the rings look HUGE!

(I like the idea of nano rings but whats with stuffing 1.1g bonds into these tiny rings? it just makes tuffs?!)

Please can you give me some food for thought either way.

:hug:

(i did want to do balmain double hair buts not what it thought it was?

loops have the rings attached, rings have rings separate. I am under the impression that rings are a more professional service and I also know people who have had both and feel rings have more longevity.

I trained with Studio58 and their training was top notch, so if you are considering re-training, give them a call!

Hi Kimi, Thanks for the reply, yep im getting the feeling rings are viewed better then loops, perhaps loops are a bit ebay ??

I did my cold fusion with studio58 too, it was very good training

I asked myself this same question a few weeks ago.

There is no difference really. Loops just come with the rings on, as opposed to buying them separate. I dunno, thats how I use them.

Hi chick, yeah I think so, its just the loops seemed easier lol! But prob not once I got going anyway and most companies dont sell loops, just stick tip so rings it probably is then

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

Hi

I did my training with connect 2 hair in Manchester. I trained in hot fusion and pre bonded but had the option to upgrade to more techniques on the day which was a LOT cheaper than advance booking 4 treatments. I ended up doing micro rings and loops as well.

Pm me if you want the details.

Xx

Im leaning more towards double hair now....?

Hi all,

Yes they are practically the same, the micro loops however do not need a tool to apply them, just be aware of sectioning as sometimes fitting a large enough section through micro loops is hard to do.
Our stylists and educators all favour the ring and i tip seperately.

Double hair is really good it can be applied using fusion bonds or micro rings and this depends on client hair and how long they are to be worn for.

Im feeling double hair more & more, ive got a lot of expensive ladies my way and would love to get into balmain anyway... would the double hair training be transferable to unbranded microweft application do you think? Or are they different?

Hi!!

Im looking to add a second extension method, i currently do cold fusion which has its benefits for thin hair but is rather slow! I think i'd like to offer a micro ring method for variety but can anyone tell me the difference between ring & loop please?

The main difference im seeing is loops dont have the variety of suppliers as stick tips, are loops seen as the DIY method or something? The do seem to be smaller, some of the micro ring video's ive seen make the rings look HUGE!

(I like the idea of nano rings but whats with stuffing 1.1g bonds into these tiny rings? it just makes tuffs?!)

Please can you give me some food for thought either way.

:hug:

(i did want to do balmain double hair buts not what it thought it was?
Hello! We have offered training in both methods since 2004 and have trained many other uk training schools and have stood by using the micro rings with itip hair and pulling needle because the ring goes on much smoother without catching. You can use 1g hair with nano rings so long as the stick part is skinny enough. We don't use the pre-attached micro loops because they 1)are more likely to slip 2)difficult to reuse 3) catch whilst applying.

Hope this helps xox

Latest posts

Back