What's your favourite hairspray?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amandahartly

Reaction score
I'm currently using an Indola one & it makes the hair rock hard & bitty! X

HairBy Amanda

I quite like wellas hairspray range! I've used the shwarzkopf silhouette hairspray but I find it holds absolutely nothing! I also imagine the tigi hairsprays would be good as most of their products are good x

Bed head masterpiece or new flexi head

Do any of those go tacky & look over sprayed, if you know what I mean? When you need to spray a hefty bit on for a wedding & it looks like crap after it! X

HairBy Amanda

Do any of those go tacky & look over sprayed, if you know what I mean? When you need to spray a hefty bit on for a wedding & it looks like crap after it! X

HairBy Amanda

No not at all the wellas are really light but have a good hold on them! Whereas the shwarzkopf feel crappy on the hair! I think there's one called maxxed out in bedhead and it's like a liquid one that's really good for very sleek flat to the head styles x

Kenra 25 my favorite
Also like matrix vavoom :)

I get a lot of stick about it from everyone but I love Elnett. It never feels clumpy, it comes out easily and I like the smell. :D

My favourite hairspray is Moroccan Oil Light, just enough hold for most blow drys, but if you need an ultra stiff hair up, i would use Session in Scwarzkopfs OSIS range. If you want a light hold with no crispiness whatsover, or a working spray, then OSIS Glamour Queen is perfect. I love the handle, its so much easier to get an even spray.

I love the bed head ones, especially masterpiece.. It's really shiny and holds well without looking overdone and smells lovely! Hard head is good too, stronger hold but even then it doesn't go all firm and clumpy

I love the bed head ones, especially masterpiece.. It's really shiny and holds well without looking overdone and smells lovely! Hard head is good too, stronger hold but even then it doesn't go all firm and clumpy

Tigi master piece - I also found this in B & M the other day for £4.99!! How on earth they manage it I don't know 😂

Tigi master piece - I also found this in B & M the other day for £4.99!! How on earth they manage it I don't know 😂

OMG thats so wrong, i dont know how these shops get away with it!

Bedhead masterpiece is my favourite!so many of my clients love it too x

Wella the 2 dot one holds well and brushes out easy no sticky feel and doesn't look set x

I love fudge sky scraper for day to day use, blow drys etc hair up curls,it brushes out nice, but for extra hold I do like tigi masterpiece both smell lush too x

I use shilloute always have done, now I think if it, it does have a crappy feel on the hair but I find the hold is good. In the salon I like to use hard head by bed head :)

I love tigi masterpiece and fudge urban - this smells amazing !! raspberry and vanilla. !

I have bed head maxxed out liquid spray but not used it and I've had it for ages - don't know why I've not tried it?! I think it's because I bought it before I started training and I hate hairspray in my own hair unless it's light and flexible .. And I rarely wear hair ups so to me it seemed too stiff for a bit of backcombing and pleating lol!

Loreal techni art fix spray is non aerosol and fab x

I quite like wellas hairspray range! I've used the shwarzkopf silhouette hairspray but I find it holds absolutely nothing! I also imagine the tigi hairsprays would be good as most of their products are good x

Did you use the black Silhouette hairspray? If so, I'm surprised you found it didn't hold? We call that stuff 'black death' as it's so powerful! Lol.

My absolute favourite hairspray of all time is Aveda's Control Force, but it's not cheap (£20 a tin). It's pretty versatile yet gives great hold. It's my go to product for weddings as it gives a full 24 hours defence against humidity plus UV protection. It also brushes out without any flakes whatsoever. Love the stuff!

Other hair sprays I've tried and liked include Fix Anti-Frizz by L'Oreal and Matrix Volumising Hairspray. Revlon used to make a great one for fine hair but I can't remember what it was called? It came in a blue and white tin. It might have been called 'Finaliser'?

Love Paul Mitchell freeze and shine x

Love Paul Mitchell freeze and shine x

My manager in the salon swears by this .. Personally I hate it .. But that's probably coz I've never used it on a client but instead have to try and clean it off the chairs and it's so sticky!! Lol x

Latest posts

Back