What's your favourite way to break a nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I break my natural nails just by looking at them :(

So I wear enhancements and if I've used tips or acrylic and not gel sculpted them then my index finger and thumb slowly get shorter as they melt with acetone and get filed away while I work!

I dread a full day of removals because it normally means I'll have to redo mine lol xx

Wet car door handles are the worst for me personally. My hand slips and i catch the underside of my nails, this is followed by a few choice words that i hope my children haven't heard!

Having sex is the most unusual excuse I've had from a client! I didn't ask exactly what she was doing with them at the time :eek:

Wet car door handles are the worst for me personally. My hand slips and i catch the underside of my nails, this is followed by a few choice words that i hope my children haven't heard!

Having sex is the most unusual excuse I've had from a client! I didn't ask exactly what she was doing with them at the time :eek:

haha how did you not ask? That is hilarious

You all know that I am in and out of airports every month ... If i have a break it is from Carrying, lifting and humping cases plus those horrible plastic trays that you have to put your things into plus all the other inconveniences they put you through by rushing and jostling you .... AND you end up stuck where you can't fix it!! :evil:

You all know that I am in and out of airports every month ... If i have a break it is from Carrying, lifting and humping cases plus those horrible plastic trays that you have to put your things into plus all the other inconveniences they put you through by rushing and jostling you .... AND you end up stuck where you can't fix it!! :evil:

Do you mean to tell us that you have not yet put a serious flea in the ear of these airport people??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't they know who you are lol :wink2: :cool: :hug:

They need some training.

xxx

Do you mean to tell us that you have not yet put a serious flea in the ear of these airport people??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't they know who you are lol :wink2: :cool: :hug:

They need some training.

xxx

I'm intrigued by the serious flea. As opposed to a jokey one?! :confused: :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

My main one is a potato peeler.. took the free edge and then some right off the other week! Make the husband do peeling now. Two birds one stone ;)

I am so used to wearing Shellac and the extra protection it gives me I take it for granted, last week I removed and didn't have time to reapply... that and Brisa Lite was arriving today... I ended up breaking so many nails without Shellac on, and sometimes I have no idea what I've even been doing :Scared:

My other ones are door frames and light switches, I'm to heavy handed and in a rush, that I end up catching my nail on the door frame or stabbing the light switch to hard.

The cheesegraters are a new one on me, I'll bear that one in mind!

Geeg you're right, I have a client who goes on holiday at least twice a year and quite often breaks a nail taking her bag of the carousel, she often comes back from holiday with one repaired nail.

Nearly all the toilet flushes here are push button so I add that to my do's and dont's list! They are perfect for trapping a nail so a knuckle is best lol

haha how did you not ask? That is hilarious

Because however much hand cleaning and mundo hand gel i use, i cant bring myself to think about where they have been :Scared: I try to imagine my clients have just sat looking at their nails for 2-3 weeks and havent been using them to do all manor of unspeakable things with them! :lol: xx

My main one is a potato peeler.. took the free edge and then some right off the other week! Make the husband do peeling now. Two birds one stone ;)

I am so used to wearing Shellac and the extra protection it gives me I take it for granted, last week I removed and didn't have time to reapply... that and Brisa Lite was arriving today... I ended up breaking so many nails without Shellac on, and sometimes I have no idea what I've even been doing :Scared:

My other ones are door frames and light switches, I'm to heavy handed and in a rush, that I end up catching my nail on the door frame or stabbing the light switch to hard.

so much for those who love to say that Shellac is not strong .. I find it very strong on my nails and I rarely suffer breakages .. always when I am not wearing it, I do. I am wearing the Smoothing gel at the moment on its own . base Smoothing gel and tip .. It is even stronger and I am loving wearing just the clear and not seeing the regrowth. Almost a week and not a mark ... and dont tell anyone but I never wear gloves! I do use Solar Oil every night though ... a routine I can't break even when I am not wearing any coating.

Puling up arm rest in an airoplane!! My hand slipped and my lovelely shellaced nail broke, heart like hell!! Good think it was on the way back from holiday...

Also Bowling! My thumb nail on right hand never comes out alive after a game of bowling.

Cheese grater & potato peeler, that's my most common, love the idea of telling my clients to buy ready grated cheese :biggrin: S x

Ah I don't peel my veggies, my nails are far to important and all the goodness is in the skin anyway :D xx

This is the damage I did to mine yesterday whilst making my daughter's bed.
a3y5a9ab.jpg

And this is now thanks the the fabulous Brisa Lite Smoothing
py3y3aba.jpg

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

I'm intrigued by the serious flea. As opposed to a jokey one?! :confused: :D

Lol .. a serious flea nips and bites and drinks your blood and irritates the life out of you until you do something about it.

And a jokey flea just tickles you and makes you laugh :wink2:

Lol .. a serious flea nips and bites and drinks your blood and irritates the life out of you until you do something about it.

And a jokey flea just tickles you and makes you laugh :wink2:

:lol: you are a funny one :D

the vegetable peeler is also my arch enemy in the nail stakes!! :/

Wiping down kitchen worktops and hitting them head on when I get too close to the wall..:irked:

LOL! I know that one all too well!

The most comon for my clients are car doors and making beds.

The worse nail breakage I had was quite hilarious. I was bathing my dog outside, I went in to get his towel and as I came back he got in, trying to grab him by his collar teared one right off, falling after sliping on the wet floor broke another one... So I was left on the floor with major pain on my nails, bum and pride while my dog was shaking himself dry right in the middle of my living room :S

Latest posts

Back