What's your opinion on weaves-wefts sewn on braided scalp plaits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotus blossom

Reaction score
Title says it all,,,

Be interested in others opinions on this method x

Title says it all,,,

Be interested in others opinions on this method x
Ive been trained on them but would never do them. Mainly because i prefer micro link and keratin hod bonded extensions but also think the weaves put lots of weight on the scalp. They seem to have come back into fashion though as get lots of girls asking for maintenance in salon!! xx

Ive been trained on them but would never do them. Mainly because i prefer micro link and keratin hod bonded extensions but also think the weaves put lots of weight on the scalp. They seem to have come back into fashion though as get lots of girls asking for maintenance in salon!! xx

See, I think that the hairs weight is evenly distributed along the braid, as opposed to rings etc that are attached to certain hairs resulting in weight hanging off few hairs whereas.weaves seem to be less stressful than say mere clip ins,,, interesting

It normally works best for Afro- Caribbean hair and isnt normally advised for caucasian hair because the tension required for scalp plaiting and weight distribution- when the weft is sewn in- can cause damage to their scalp!
Put me right off when I saw I two done in Leeds and both girls had blisters where it was too tight :-s they had to have them removed x

I used to have extensions weaved in.

I like the fullness and the price was affordable. But I found it uncomfortable, itchy and sore at times.

Much prefer glued in bonds.

Braids are not designed for European hair hence why some girls get traction alopecia and the head and scalp get sore!

However they are popular due to affordability and the effect xx

Agree with all said but think it totally depends on how tight they are plaited and sewn in.

8 times in a row I've had it done! If the plaits are not extremely tight ( they are always to tight) its fine. I've had the plaits so tight it's left we cuts wer it pulled my roots. :(

I always wear a weave. Have done for about 3 years. I've also had bonds. I much prefer my weave. Takes time to get used to as can be uncomfortable at first.
I have Caucasian hair and if you find a good experienced stylist last for months. Also my hair is always in amazing condition once removed.

I do extensions myself but often refer my clients to get a weave.

Be interested to see why other posters say they are not designed or suitable for Caucasian hair/ European hair
Yes the cortex is different but surely all hair is at risk of traction alopecia and stress on tracks etc

I do weave & I am trained in Afro hair. I do weave on all types of hair as long as the cornrows are not to tight & the thread is not put through the plait but under it then it should be ok. Afro hair holds better as the plaits are firmer & it has good hold but it can be done on any hair. Traction alopecia can happen with any hair type so just make sure the tension on the plaits is ok.

Sorry I mean thread to be put behind plait not under. So you go under then behind plait to the top using blanket stitch.

Braids are not designed for European hair hence why some girls get traction alopecia and the head and scalp get sore!

However they are popular due to affordability and the effect xx

I do have patches of hair that are very sparse :(

Latest posts

Back