Whats your pet hate , with being a hairdresser/barber?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missgiggles

Reaction score
just wondering what your pet hates are with being a hairdresser/barber?

with being a barber , Mine is seing mens hair looking a utter mess and VERY hairy necks !!!! goes through me seing it, im always "checking" them out hahah !!! :confused::lol: haha

Clients....in general lol

pmsl , wish there was a like button !!! x

Haha thats what this site's missing!

I dont hate all clients, but u find after a while, every client has a bad, annoying, picky, complaining side...noone is perfect unfortunately :)

Second pet hate probably has to be bitchy hairdressers to be honest...worked with too many...i now work alone:green:

Haha thats what this site's missing!

I dont hate all clients, but u find after a while, every client has a bad, annoying, picky, complaining side...noone is perfect unfortunately :)

Second pet hate probably has to be bitchy hairdressers to be honest...worked with too many...i now work alone:green:

Before , i became a barber , i was always told there is alot of bitchy hairdressers which put me off working with them !

So i now to work on my own :) no hassel then x

I love working alongside other hairdressers, they can be the brightest, shiniest people. We have lots of laughs at work.

Well for me its clients that came on for a dry cut with clearly dirty greasy hair! and they wont pay for a wet cut.
cheers for that! it is impossible to get a great cut when the hair is dirty. yuck!

Well for me its clients that came on for a dry cut with clearly dirty greasy hair! and they wont pay for a wet cut.
cheers for that! it is impossible to get a great cut when the hair is dirty. yuck!

I refuse point blank!! I am not prepared to get an infected finger if I cut my self and they had dirty hair! And I have just taken dry cuts off my price list, but I have reduced wet cuts slightly so it's more affordable for everyone that would used to of had a dry cut.

When you squeeze a client in for a 'quick blow dry' & after you've shampooed & sat them over they THEN ask if you can do 'a quick trim to' ermmmm hello..... Yea I'll just run 20-30 minutes behind all day & inconvenience every other client who has bothered to booked in advance for their apt :/

getting undressed after a busy day, and finding hair in your bra! It's all the slicing i do - hair goes everywhere lol another thing is people that book in for a dry cut, then expect you to straighten it, use serum, hairspray etc cheeky sods!

I agree, it's disgusting!! We should just refuse to do it until they have their hair washed then they might come with it clean next time!! :irked:

Doing full in depth consultations with a potential client for them To go somewhere 'cheaper' armed with all of your knowledge & advice.... :(

Spending hours correcting an awful home colour job and knowing you've done an amazing service and the colour is the best it could ever be.....then seeing the client a month later dodging you in tesco with their straw like, home coloured, botched BLACK hair!! Not kidding when I say I felt like crying!

getting undressed after a busy day, and finding hair in your bra! It's all the slicing i do - hair goes everywhere lol another thing is people that book in for a dry cut, then expect you to straighten it, use serum, hairspray etc cheeky sods!

Out of curiosity, but aren't you meant to do that for every service?
I mean....you have to style it...how else if you don't use styling products to ease your work?
I thought the idea with a 'dry cut' is that you don't get the shampoo and the blow dry, but you get the style. I once had a dry cut and after they sprayed and cut my hair, they let me go with my hair wet in the snow. Lovely!

Personally if I used all of these items on a dry cut I would lose money, and time. everything cost me to buy and use, Not sure I know anywhere that dry cuts then styles as it just not cost effective. They can have everything with a cut & blow dry, hope this makes sense tried to show you From a business side.

my pet hate is clients that dont turn up...
when we call they give a pathetic excuse most of the time
but were always like
"ok thats fine =] would you like to rebook?"

we are NEVER nasty to them or charge for it..

so you get used to the ones who do it all the time, so we end up giving them a courtesy call to remind them. most of our clients are ok with this, but recently one cancelled her appointment just because we called her to remind her!!!!!

Out of curiosity, but aren't you meant to do that for every service?
I mean....you have to style it...how else if you don't use styling products to ease your work?
I thought the idea with a 'dry cut' is that you don't get the shampoo and the blow dry, but you get the style. I once had a dry cut and after they sprayed and cut my hair, they let me go with my hair wet in the snow. Lovely!

Pay for a cut and blow dry then!!!
I hate dry cuts, or even wet cuts where they dont wanna pay for a blow dry.
Dry cut, I just cut it, dont style it or anything, wash and cut means they leave with it wet.

I explain that you cannot get the best from a haircut unless the hairdresser sees it dry, washed, then dry again.

My thing is parents who want there 12-15 year old girl to have a wash cut and blow dry and because they class them as a child I should to even tho said girl has more hair to work with than most of my adult clients and they complain that i charge adults cut and blow dry.

Yet that parent is quite happy to pay the same rate as a adult for that child to then have nail extensions. But doesn't turn round and say but she's a child.

(I work with in a beauty an nail salon, sooo see this alot)

My thing is parents who want there 12-15 year old girl to have a wash cut and blow dry and because they class them as a child I should to even tho said girl has more hair to work with than most of my adult clients and they complain that i charge adults cut and blow dry.

Yet that parent is quite happy to pay the same rate as a adult for that child to then have nail extensions. But doesn't turn round and say but she's a child.

(I work with in a beauty an nail salon, sooo see this alot)

this is so so true! so many girls this age have a LOT of hair and easily takes the same time as a full paying adult so its a really tricky one. on the price list at my old salon we made sure it said that a child is some one under 12 to stop any arguements :) and yes good point about the nails you wouldnt have different prices for them! xx

That the girls in my college refuse to get trade cards and still use box dyes on themselves. What the hell is the point of training then?

Latest posts

Back