Whats your pet hate , with being a hairdresser/barber?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That the girls in my college refuse to get trade cards and still use box dyes on themselves. What the hell is the point of training then?

It's crazy I couldn't wait to get my trade card and start using proper products :) but to be fair I was 22 when I started college so a little more mature xx

BIGGEST pet hate is when clients like to leap out of there chair when their phone rings WHILST im still cutting their hair.....not the brightest at times are they!

It's crazy I couldn't wait to get my trade card and start using proper products :) but to be fair I was 22 when I started college so a little more mature xx

Yeh or me but i am 19. They treat it like you treat school, go home and forget about it, no at home research or desire to know more. It makes me really pissed off.

Yeh or me but i am 19. They treat it like you treat school, go home and forget about it, no at home research or desire to know more. It makes me really pissed off.

I know what ya mean Hun annoying x

Clients that WANT a change, ask for my advice and go ahead...

Then decide they dont like it, and want something totally DIFFERENT

''FOC of course!!!!!!''

Arghhhhhh!!!:evil::evil:

xx

Yeh, Smelly old men with greasy hair. :irked::irked::irked::irked:

Out of curiosity, but aren't you meant to do that for every service?
I mean....you have to style it...how else if you don't use styling products to ease your work?
I thought the idea with a 'dry cut' is that you don't get the shampoo and the blow dry, but you get the style. I once had a dry cut and after they sprayed and cut my hair, they let me go with my hair wet in the snow. Lovely!

No definitely not! If they book in for a dry cut - then that is what they get! A wet cut is exactly the same - they leave with WET hair! (if my junior wants to have a go at blowdrying the clients hair for practice, then she can if she wants to, but that's upto her) I think hairdressers that are giving their dry cut clients all the perks of a cbd, then more fool you! They should be paying for the lovely extra's like our professional products, styling time, finishing etc.

I wouldn't book in for a file and polish and expect a luxury manicure!

I'm self employed (mobile) and my pet hate is when i arrive to be told 'Ive just got to get the kids something to eat' or 'I'll just hang the washing out' or 'i'll just got to make this call first'...that sort of thing, It really infuriates me as i am always on time and never ever late to my clients,They usually then say after the appointment 'Oh is that the time already ' :eek:
Also irks me when clients are oblivious to their children trying to touch equipment,I always put my equipment as 'out of the way' as i can but always have to step in and warn them not to touch (used to happen in the salon also)

Pay for a cut and blow dry then!!!
I hate dry cuts, or even wet cuts where they dont wanna pay for a blow dry.
Dry cut, I just cut it, dont style it or anything, wash and cut means they leave with it wet.

I explain that you cannot get the best from a haircut unless the hairdresser sees it dry, washed, then dry again.

My thing is parents who want there 12-15 year old girl to have a wash cut and blow dry and because they class them as a child I should to even tho said girl has more hair to work with than most of my adult clients and they complain that i charge adults cut and blow dry.

Yet that parent is quite happy to pay the same rate as a adult for that child to then have nail extensions. But doesn't turn round and say but she's a child.

(I work with in a beauty an nail salon, sooo see this alot)

Yeh, Smelly old men with greasy hair. :irked::irked::irked::irked:

No definitely not! If they book in for a dry cut - then that is what they get! A wet cut is exactly the same - they leave with WET hair! (if my junior wants to have a go at blowdrying the clients hair for practice, then she can if she wants to, but that's upto her) I think hairdressers that are giving their dry cut clients all the perks of a cbd, then more fool you! They should be paying for the lovely extra's like our professional products, styling time, finishing etc.

I wouldn't book in for a file and polish and expect a luxury manicure!

I'm self employed (mobile) and my pet hate is when i arrive to be told 'Ive just got to get the kids something to eat' or 'I'll just hang the washing out' or 'i'll just got to make this call first'...that sort of thing, It really infuriates me as i am always on time and never ever late to my clients,They usually then say after the appointment 'Oh is that the time already ' :eek:
Also irks me when clients are oblivious to their children trying to touch equipment,I always put my equipment as 'out of the way' as i can but always have to step in and warn them not to touch (used to happen in the salon also)

I agree with all these, so annoying!!
A cut is JUST a cut. And I also hate clients smoking around me when I'm doing their hair, as I'm mobile I feel like I can't say no as I'm in their house :o
Also.....KIDS!! I used to like them until I started hairdressing! Lol

I hate dry cuts so much that I don't do them anymore. I also find that people who want a dry cut tend to be the fussiest clients (no offence to anyone).I still offer wet cuts, but charge a little more and just blast the hair off with a hair dryer before I let them go or if they want it blow dried properly I add the price of a blow dry on top of the price of a wet cut.

One salon I used to work in I was just doing dry cuts all day and she was only charging clients £6 and I had to straighten the client's hair before I cut it. To me that really isn't worth the time. x

I'm also mobile and haven't had anyone smoke in their house while I've been there yet- but I keep watch and would tell them straight away id prefer them to smoke outside while their colour is on .
Also if they want a dry cut I still charge for a cut/bd as I don't have wet or dry cuts on my price list - I encourage everyone to have a wash cut/ bd to get the best result .
My pet hates are ladies wanting to go a lighter blonde when clearly their hair is not capable ( condition or too dark naturally ) or someone 'wanting something different but not too much off I'm trying to grow my hair' lol .

Clients that say do whatever you want! Lol

Yeah and then they'd hate it and badmouth u grr altho if every1 was happy it cudda been so much fun! Xx

My pet hate is people chatting at the basins to their workmates & totally ignoring the client they are shampooing! That was one of the first things I was taught as a junior & I want to slap people I see doing this lol x

Biggest pet hate when clients ask you which is the best home dye to buy from sainsburys!!!

Then they add "but I don't like my ears showing and I hate it when it is too full here and not too short at the back" Umm... I'll do it exactly the same as it is then but 2 cm shorter? :lol:

I had a phonecall off a client a couple of weeks ago asking me if she could 'pop down' & buy a tube of tint of us so she could colour her hair extensions!!! Obviously I said no & explained about insurance & professional colours & she was like 'well, it's only 1 tube of colour, I'm not going to say anything am I?'
Did make me laugh to be fair! :)

God it's funny but at the time it's so frustrating!! X

Latest posts

Back