What's your trick with Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen889

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I used to use CND shellac about two years ago but even after two training courses could never get it to last on my clients so I switched to gelish. With gelish I have zero problems with chipping (this was my problem with shellac) but I am now looking at the new shellac colors with a longing eye and I am also fed up with the fading colors in gelish.

Is there a trick to shellac that I just missed? My gelish applications are flawless and I even used the CND lamp with gelish in the beginning but now got the 18g lamp.

I have all the correct procedures down according to my CND trainer and I use all the products including lamp. My bulbs are brand new and still getting the chipping with my practice clients that I tried last week.

I have also read through the threads but can't find anything I'm not doing now to correct the problem :/

Last edited:
Hey! Do you rinse with water after using 'cuticle away'?
Do you use Scrubfresh on the nails just before applying?
Thin base & topcoat?
Giving a good wipe with IPA ?

Hey! Do you rinse with water after using 'cuticle away'?
Do you use Scrubfresh on the nails just before applying?
Thin base & topcoat?
Giving a good wipe with IPA ?

I do everything correctly (even had two lessons with a cnd trainer)was just wondering if anyone had a trick with shellac since my gelish applications last.

I do everything correctly (even had two lessons with a cnd trainer)was just wondering if anyone had a trick with shellac since my gelish applications last.

Oh right. Em no, no trick? Seal the edges? Sorry if I sound patronising!! 😣😖 x

If you are doing everything by the book, have had your technique checked twice with training and you are getting flawless results with Gelish then it must be either your clients not adhering to aftercare, or their nails are not suitable for Shellac. But I'm sure your consultations identify if they are suitable or not, so that leaves aftercare.

Have you tried Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel under the Shellac on any of your recent practice clients?

I would love to know how to incorporate bridal gel into my shellac treatment how do you do this ?? I'm new to shellac too and I want to know all the tips and tricks going ! X

Sorry brisa not bridal lol x

Exactly what problem are you having?

I find that using Brisa light smoothing gel is a great help and clients are getting a good two weeks one client goes 4-5 weeks ( not so good for earning money!) but shows how well it can last . I am getting better results of lasting with bl , 😄

If you are doing everything by the book, have had your technique checked twice with training and you are getting flawless results with Gelish then it must be either your clients not adhering to aftercare, or their nails are not suitable for Shellac. But I'm sure your consultations identify if they are suitable or not, so that leaves aftercare.

Have you tried Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel under the Shellac on any of your recent practice clients?

The clients I've trialed recently are some of my best ones with aftercare so definitely not that BUT I haven't tried brisa smoothing. Just purchased brisa sculpting so back I go to my supplier Monday for the smoothing kit. The new colors are just too good to resist!!

I'm also hoping to try some ibx underneath to see if that will also make a difference. Seeing as it helped with my own shellac to last longer

For clients who struggle I apply 2 coats of top coats provides a bit more strength :)

I've got one problem client who's shellac aLways chipped, even with brisa lite smoothing gel but I did first ibx treatment on her a weeks and a half ago, with no brisa and her shellac is still
Perfect! X

Latest posts

Back