What's your worst Christmas gift ever received?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evie168

Reaction score
Seeing as it's only a few days now till Christmas, thought it be fun to share that particular 'gift' where you had to fake happiness and instead collected dust over the years, or got donated to charity, perhaps rewrapped as a gift to others or simply chucked in the bin.

Once I got a set of pens from grandma that didn't work, so I gave it back to her. I'm not oddly fond of rose scented bath sets and instead gave it to my elderly neighbor who loved it.

What's yours? :rolleyes:

An Ex bought me hoodie that once I opened it out of the packet it stank of a musty damp warehouse in AGE 8 not size 8 then confessed the eBay seller must of got it wrong :/ ... Wasn't impressed and made it clear when I bought him a driving experience for over £150 I got the last laugh tho when we finished in the January ;-)

Men's size 7 socks - I'm a girl with size 4 feet!

Aftershave from my mum! Also my MIL once handed me a gift and while handing it over said "I got this in the sale because it's smoke damaged. When I opened it, it was a cream wool scarf with a large patch of black where it had been damaged:rolleyes:
I don't know what type of shops my mum went into, but years ago at christmas when my daughter was little she gave her a box containing handcuffs and when my little girl took them out they had red and white fur on them and a label saying "furry love cuffs" :eek:. I had mentioned in a previous post about her also giving my daughter (when she was about 7) this little box containing a silk heart and when my little girl pulled it from the box and put it on her head, thinking it was an eye patch to discover a g-string:lol: Now there's an ideal present for my 92 year old great aunt with one eye:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
This year would have to top them all, and its not even Christmas Day yet. Can you beat 4 paper baubles for the tree all the way from Australia from my a***hole brother. Or, how about a bottle of generic shower gel from my Aunty in Germany. No, not Molton Brown, not even French Connection, no, it's an Aldi equivalent. Most pleased.

I will take pleasure in burning the baubles in the fire on Christmas Day to add to the festivities and the shower gel, well, perhaps a charity box.

My 11 yr old daughter came home from school today where they had Secret Santa. She gave a Jelly Belly mug full of jelly beans. In return she got a Crunchie Bar. Someone's got it in for us this Christmas!

A packet of out of date bacon and a £1 m&s voucher from my great aunt. I wouldn't mind but she gave my husband a fiver! Lol.

Not Christmas but my worst ever gift was a weight watchers ready meal for my first valentines day after giving birth to his first born. We are no longer together...

For Christmas I got towels (from the same man), or a huge pair of black clip on, sequinned earrings from my aunt. I was about 15 and had had my ears pierced for 10 years.

My dad got a red photo frame with a cartoon drawing of santa. He was 45 at the time :lol: :rotfl:

A packet of out of date bacon and a £1 m&s voucher from my great aunt. I wouldn't mind but she gave my husband a fiver! Lol.

Soooo funny:lol:

A bikini trimmer from my ex husband. That was literally it. A ten quid bikini trimmer under the tree. That episode is fondly referred to a 'bikinitrimmergate'.

An excuse. An idiot ex bought himself a gaming mouse (the exact gaming mouse I wanted!), to go with the gaming headset I GOT HIM as a gift. My gift? "I think we're at the stage in our relationship where gift giving isn't necessary."

Hmmm... yes. I enjoyed my gaming headset very much. Can't say the same for him and his mouse since I hurled it at the wall...

Two family deaths and a divorce.

Not me but my dotty great aunt once bought my poor little brother who was 7 at the time, a tie rack!!!!!

Soooo funny:lol:

I look forward to her gifts more than anything else, always good for a giggle! A couple of years ago she got me a pencil, rubber and 15cm ruler. My husband got an empty pencil case! Love her!

The encyclopedia of football from secret Santa
Good job it was secret or I'd have hit them with it!

This year would have to top them all, and its not even Christmas Day yet. Can you beat 4 paper baubles for the tree all the way from Australia from my a***hole brother. Or, how about a bottle of generic shower gel from my Aunty in Germany. No, not Molton Brown, not even French Connection, no, it's an Aldi equivalent. Most pleased.

I will take pleasure in burning the baubles in the fire on Christmas Day to add to the festivities and the shower gel, well, perhaps a charity box.

My 11 yr old daughter came home from school today where they had Secret Santa. She gave a Jelly Belly mug full of jelly beans. In return she got a Crunchie Bar. Someone's got it in for us this Christmas!

MM I know this sounds really horrible but I can't stop laughing at your posts. They have me in stitches.

A set of cutlery which had in big letters "free gift" written on the packaging ....at that was from (one of) my husbands! ... ex now!

A 'gift' from my aunty Tracey which read - 'to Tracey, from Doreen'!!!! 😠

Latest posts

Back