What's your worst Christmas gift ever received?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am giggling at some if these posts, my worst every year is my nan she collects all the free gifts from papers and catalogues and gives them to me and my kids for Christmas, the worst one that I can remember was a jumper a size 22 covered in flowers ( bearing in mind I'm a size 10 ) and the free magazine collections like the Mary berry card recipes that they did a while back but then she does always give me a bottle of blue nun wine, but she knows I can't drink, so yes every Xmas I dread opening her pressies but I suppose it is the thought that counts lol x

A 6 inch ceramic Santa Claus!!!!
It was horrid !

A 6 inch ceramic Santa Claus!!!!
It was horrid !

To add it wasn't an expensive antique either - but the rubbish you get from the market!

Every year without fail, my aunt outdoes herself. It's actually my favourite part of Christmas day, seeing what we've all been sent this year!

-A used soap with a hair on it, wrapped up in cling-film
-An expired disposable camera
-A size 22 netball shirt for my then 7-year old sister
-A stained tabard
-Some used tennis socks which were stained yellow at the toes
-Toiletries pinched from hotels
-An Avon bubble bath that had been topped up with so much water it didn't even bubble!

There's more but I'll have to see if my parents can remember the rest. It's hilarious.

Every year without fail, my aunt outdoes herself. It's actually my favourite part of Christmas day, seeing what we've all been sent this year!

-A stained tabard
-An Avon bubble bath that had been topped up with so much water it didn't even bubble!

There's more but I'll have to see if my parents can remember the rest. It's hilarious.

Does she not realise how embarrassing this is for her?! x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had an aunt who was 8 year older than me give my sister and myself a pair of granny pants and a bottle of perfume from the 99 p shop I was 14 at the time :/

I also got that same year bucket loads of soap products from other members of the family needless to say I hated Christmas for many a year and to this day I refuse to buy a teenage girl toiletries

Oh, just thought of another crappy one: non alcoholic wine. These shouldn't even exist. One year I got two bottles from my class parents and none of the other teachers would take it as they all had a bottle from the same mum and all were baffled by it. :eek:

LOL!! You are right, that and non alcoholic lager. Pointless to me! Lol!

Iv opened my secret Santa pressie today at work and received 2 big lovely bath bombs from lush - they smell & look lovely and was wrapped up all Soo nice ....
But we don't have a bath ... we have a shower cubicle at home ..... Lol ... Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I got some Sanctuary stuff for my birthday on Sunday and got exactly same from secret Santa. Oh well.

-A stained tabard

I'm sorry to everyone else but you would have to be the winner. You couldn't make it up could you?

On my 15th Christmas I received a Garfield ashtray from my mother..... Ive never smoked, ever!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

-A stained tabard

This is seriously bad.. has to be the winner. Lmao

This thread is so funny!
My hubby once got me a garden shredder for Christmas and a bottle of Coke...to go with the bottle of Jack Daniels in the kitchen!

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

I got JLS perfume this year from my Nan - loosing the plot bless her..

I had a mushroom growing kit which never produced any mushrooms so you could say I got a box of dirt.

Just got a gift from someone I really don't like at a friend's get-together... a board game. :confused: It had a sticky note on the underside when I unwrapped it that read "To (person's name), Now the kids can play this at home, too! xx Love, (original gifter's name)"

Oh you really shouldn't have. Really.

This is soooo funny! There is a man my husband and I both know through my husband's work. This man knows that I love animals and every now and then when we talk he would tell me about his goats and how good he is to them. There was a particular goat last year that had injured it's leg and the gentleman in question nursed it until it was better. Well, when my husband came home from work this evening he handed me an envelope which Sammy had given to him. I opened it and it was a Christmas card with a photograph inside of Sammy sitting on his sofa with this big goat on his knee. Apparently he thought I might like to put it up somewhere :lol::lol: . I am in stitches typing this!! Wouldn't exactly say it was the worst present, but had to share.

Haha I'm glad you enjoyed my aunt's terrible gifts! This whole thread is hilarious! Can't stop laughing!

My dad's side of the family are so tight though. I know what being short of money is like, but they're not for the most part. When I was younger, we we all staying at my Nan's for Christmas, in her massive house, and my little sister asked her for something to eat. She returned a few minutes later with a soggy, bendy, almost white gingerbread man with a few bites taken out. It was a gingerbread man my sister hadn't finished from LAST CHRISTMAS.

-A stained tabard

That is disgusting. Used stuff as presents is a big no no. Pound land has better stuff and would be less of an insult.

Although the money spent on presents is not of paramount importance, the thought is.
There is something....tbh....quite disturbing about some of these presents.

Latest posts

Back