When a subject has been done a million times...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly6410

Reaction score
hey geeks

so today I have had the day off to sort out my kit, clean my van, do my shellac colour pops (which are really sticky and no matter how much i wipe with d.sperse they are still sticky! grr, any ideas?), organise my makeup kit and write a shopping list for stock.

As per usual doing all this has got me thinking of a few questions so I come on here and use the search box and find someone asking the question I need answering, click it and the reply is ''this question has been asked before, use the search box'' hmmm very helpful, so move to the next that is asking my question and yes, once again ''use the search box'' seriously guys... I know it is a pain when people ask the same question over and over again but either leave it for someone else to answer or put a link to the thread that has asked this question before, it is so frustrating when i'm searching for a question and the answers are constantly ''use the search box'' because guess what... I AM!!!!!

Sorry about the rant and I am not trying to start an argument but I think posting 'use the search box this subject has been done before' should be banned :lol:

hey geeks

so today I have had the day off to sort out my kit, clean my van, do my shellac colour pops (which are really sticky and no matter how much i wipe with d.sperse they are still sticky! grr, any ideas?), organise my makeup kit and write a shopping list for stock.

As per usual doing all this has got me thinking of a few questions so I come on here and use the search box and find someone asking the question I need answering, click it and the reply is ''this question has been asked before, use the search box'' hmmm very helpful, so move to the next that is asking my question and yes, once again ''use the search box'' seriously guys... I know it is a pain when people ask the same question over and over again but either leave it for someone else to answer or put a link to the thread that has asked this question before, it is so frustrating when i'm searching for a question and the answers are constantly ''use the search box'' because guess what... I AM!!!!!

Sorry about the rant and I am not trying to start an argument but I think posting 'use the search box this subject has been done before' should be banned :lol:

Haha now this is what you call a rant lol but your right! I see it so often, buuuut saying that the people should do what you did and search first before posting then none of this hehe,

How frustrating though lol. :) hope you found your answer in the end, post here and we can have another thread going ;P

hey geeks

I would link to threads but I use iPhone app. There should be a report, thread repeated button xoxo

I would link to threads but I use iPhone app. There should be a report, thread repeated button xoxo

Excellent idea! So the mods don't have to keep searching they get a notification :)

Haha now this is what you call a rant lol but your right! I see it so often, buuuut saying that the people should do what you did and search first before posting then none of this hehe,

How frustrating though lol. :) hope you found your answer in the end, post here and we can have another thread going ;P

yeh i hate 'use the search box' people and also repeated question people, both are annoying and should be banished! :lol:

oooo i like this idea! this would solve all our problems! a 'nuisance' button would be good lol x

Haha, i have to admit this has driven me crazy in the past when, like you, i've been searching and that is the only answer i can find.

As for the colour pops, why don't you pop a little bit of solar oil on one and see if that works...otherwise try the search bar....sorry, couldn't resist ;) xx

:lol: Funny thread and I must admit, I can completely see your point.

As for those sticky pops - it sounds like a curing issue to me. Did you have a look inside the lamp to make sure all the bulbs were lighting up?

Did you use the CND lamp?

Haha, i have to admit this has driven me crazy in the past when, like you, i've been searching and that is the only answer i can find.

As for the colour pops, why don't you pop a little bit of solar oil on one and see if that works...otherwise try the search bar....sorry, couldn't resist ;) xx

haha good ol' search bar! oooo good thinking, i'll give it ago later!

:lol: Funny thread and I must admit, I can completely see your point.

As for those sticky pops - it sounds like a curing issue to me. Did you have a look inside the lamp to make sure all the bulbs were lighting up?

Did you use the CND lamp?

I am indeed using a cnd lamp :D and i did have a peek inside whilst they were curing and all bulbs were on and working, although i was only peeking because i couldn't wait to see what some of the layering combinations came out like lol, also checked how many hours I have left and still have just above 90. After having another feel some of them aren't sticky at all, but others are really sticky and some are just a little sticky x

Last edited:
oooo good thinking, i'll give it ago later!

I am indeed using a cnd lamp :D and i did have a peek inside whilst they were curing and all bulbs were on and working, although i was only peeking because i couldn't wait to see what some of the layering combinations came out like lol, also checked how many hours I have left and still have just above 90. After having another feel some of them aren't sticky at all, but others are really sticky and some are just a little sticky x

Give them a really good rub with a wipe that has ISP alcohol on it. I'd say you just didn't rub hard enough? - maybe?

Give them a really good rub with a wipe that has ISP alcohol on it. I'd say you just didn't rub hard enough? - maybe?

hmm maybe so! i always get scared with pops that i'm going to snap them, and after all that hard work of painting, curing, painting, curing, painting, curing.... i couldn't bare to do it again! right, good scrub and solaroil! :lol:

Latest posts

Back