When are Vinylux kits coming back in stock?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decadence

Reaction score
So frustrated, we have been waiting 3 weeks now to try and get our hands on the Vinylux wall rack kit, keep getting emails and having to turn clients away to other people that have got it :-(, s2 have no idea when they will be back in stock, they are doing a 31 bottle kit, but when I asked if we could have two of them and have all the colours they just said no because they come with random colours, COME ON CND hurry up and send a shipment to the uk
Sorry rant over

So frustrated, we have been waiting 3 weeks now to try and get our hands on the Vinylux wall rack kit, keep getting emails and having to turn clients away to other people that have got it :-(, s2 have no idea when they will be back in stock, they are doing a 31 bottle kit, but when I asked if we could have two of them and have all the colours they just said no because they come with random colours, COME ON CND hurry up and send a shipment to the uk
Sorry rant over

I was told cnd have sent them and sweet squared are ready to put them on the website as soon as it arrives but there is some delay in customs which is out of their control.

i really want one too, however there is no problem getting most of the colours on open stock so no need to turn customers away, they don't care if your polishes are in a rack or not!!

I hope that means the 'out of stock' single colours will also be there soon.

sweet squared work very hard to bring us the products we want but it must be difficult especially with a new product to know how much demand will be. Im sure it will be here soon ladies.

How about buying some colours in in a selection of colours and then when you get your wall rack sets you can retail the colours that you will then have double of? so win win really? xx

I completely agree with the op. the kits have NEVER been in stock and they really should have had them on the launch day!

I for one want the complete set and there are now numerous colours out of stock and I also want to take advantage of the savings to be made in buying the wall rack kit.

Don't get me wrong I love s2 and all the CND products but this happens all the time :(

They have a "put together" wall rack of matching shellac colours. You can't get it online though, you have to ring up. I ordered one this morning.
I think there's just over 30 colours.
Hurry up and get ordering!!!!! 😉

They have a "put together" wall rack of matching shellac colours. You can't get it online though, you have to ring up. I ordered one this morning.

In case you misunderstand me, I mean vinylux that matches shellac colours!!!!

Yes, a single wall rack with colours that match shellac.

We did not want to buy all the polishes and then have to buy them all over again to get the racks like what happened with the shellack spinner racks that have sold out that you can no longer buy, so having to wait for the kits, we did buy five colour to trial but that's not really good enough for our clients

If you are limiting your business potential for the sake of a rack then I just think that is silly! Sorry, but I do. Yes, it would be nice to have everything all at once but demand has as usual, outstripped supply temporarily of the racks.

So, I would get the polishes you need and start making money and a rack frankly is secondary to that for the time being. We have every colour and have used other racks for now but at least we are cracking on with business in the meantime. Not having a rack has been of nil importance to our clients! In fact, they haven't even noticed.

Totally agree with Geeg. I bought several colours to get me going, and thought that if I eventually buy the rack, I'll have some for retail. However, I have already sold some, so need to re-order. I bought colours that I thought would be popular, and they are. I have just bought the Shellac rack - have been doing Shellac for over 2 years, but finally they look nice. Clients are keen to know I'm stocking the latest products - my client came yesterday and the girl in her office had asked about Vinylux. My client immediately said 'Yes, she stocks that' and I sold some via that client. They don't care that I don't have the full range or a swanky rack - ok, yes, I would like them obviously.........

One thing I made sure I've stocked up on is top coat. It doesn't matter that much if you haven't got a particular colour in stock but if you've no top coat you're stuffed!

I just think its ridiculous they haven't been able to offer the whole package from day 1 as I said. I am not even that bothered about the wall racks but buying the whole range as a package offers significant savings and as a business person i cant ignore that!

We were told it would be available within the next few weeks and its now over 3 weeks later and they're still not here. Now there are 15 out of the 62 colours out of stock :(

I haven't been silly I did buy 5 colours to begin with and have sold them all plus 15 more so I haven't lost out particularly but the lack of the package is just very frustrating!

Thank you for this information I will phone them this morning :)

I just think its ridiculous they haven't been able to offer the whole package from day 1 as I said. I am not even that bothered about the wall racks but buying the whole range as a package offers significant savings and as a business person i cant ignore that!

We were told it would be available within the next few weeks and its now over 3 weeks later and they're still not here. Now there are 15 out of the 62 colours out of stock :(

I haven't been silly I did buy 5 colours to begin with and have sold them all plus 15 more so I haven't lost out particularly but the lack of the package is just very frustrating!

Yes, I know you think it is ridiculous. We can only repeat that which we are told ... Unfortunately in the world of distribution things happen. Frustrating just as much for the distributors as for anyone else. We are selling huge amounts of VINYLUX to those who are adopting the range despite frustrations. We ordered massive stock. The longer people hold back, the more frustrated they will be and the more the colours you particularly want will be out of sync.

We immediately bought 3 of all colours and masses of top coat for the salon. We've 2 to sell and 1 of each to use ... And using them and selling them we are. :) loving the fact that we snapped the range up right away and in a few short weeks we need to order 60 bottles of various colours to keep the range whole. I like the look of having the whole range on show and the impact of that display gets the interest and enthusiasm of the clients.

Techs are changing their colour every day and clients are buying what they are wearing (always do!). Very happy to be selling polish in numbers again after a slow but steady couple of years.
The early birds catch the worms ... Still holds true.

Last edited:
Yes, I know you think it is ridiculous. We can only repeat that which we are told ... Unfortunately in the world of distribution things happen. Frustrating just as much for the distributors as for anyone else. We are selling huge amounts of VINYLUX to those who are adopting the range despite frustrations. We ordered massive stock. The longer people hold back, the more frustrated they will be and the more the colours you particularly want will be out of sync.

We immediately bought 3 of all colours and masses of top coat for the salon. We've 2 to sell and 1 of each to use ... And using them and selling them we are. :) loving the fact that we snapped the range up right away and in a few short weeks we need to order 60 bottles of various colours to keep the range whole. I like the look of having the whole range on show and the impact of that display gets the interest and enthusiasm of the clients.

Techs are changing their colour every day and clients are buying what they are wearing (always do!). Very happy to be selling polish in numbers again after a slow but steady couple of years.
The early birds catch the worms ... Still holds true.

I would love to see your salon Geeg! It sounds awesome! Is it in Spain? I would love to have my nails done by you.
Sorry off track it's just something I've thought a lot about :)

I would love to see your salon Geeg! It sounds awesome! Is it in Spain? I would love to have my nails done by you.
Sorry off track it's just something I've thought a lot about :)

Yes it is in Spain. I am the main consultant and mentor to the owner who I have known for many years so I have a very close association .... I do not work in the salon as a full time technician but am occasionally needed to help when babies have been born! Lol. I'm supposed to be retired .... But that is a joke!

The salon is actually moving location in just a few short weeks to a new premises across the road which has now been purchased instead of renting at a silly price where we are now. This is a really good and positive move as owning is always better than renting if you can do it. X

We have over 70 OPI colours and Lyne had a very good thread about not wasting money and will it make the wheels go faster ! We are willing to transfer to vinylux but not to spend £500 when we are a new business trying to get off the ground now that would be silly wouldn't it, trying to setup a salon is expensive but we are trying to do this without loans or credit cards and at just over forty we hate wasting money

Last edited:
We have over 70 OPI colours and Lyne had a very good thread about not wasting money and will it make the wheels go faster ! We are willing to transfer to vinylux but not to spend £500 when we are a new business trying to get off the ground now that would be silly wouldn't it, trying to setup a salon is expensive but we are trying to do this without loans or credit cards and at just over fourth we hate wasting money

I'm the same. I have a shed load of OPI and Orly and probably sell about 3 a year. I bought a few Vinylux to play with and get feedback on. I tend to be pretty cynical, so to buy a load without trying them just isn't me. We bought about 10 to begin, trying to match Shellac colours for clients that wanted maybe Vinylux on toes/Shellac fingers. We have chucked out a few of the OPI/Orly similar colours and replaced with Vinylux (they DID need replacing). I think there has been an article in maybe the Daily Mail about Vinylux which has generated interest, so have had to sell a few of my originals. I earn a bit/buy a bit and for now that's fine!

Latest posts

Back