When clients get cross because you can't fit them in

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I've seen a rise in business of about a third over the last couple of months and am obviously pleased with that!

(mostly due to advertising on facebook, if you were wondering, and related recommendations from that)

Anyway, the knock on effect is that people are phoning for appointments, giving me 3 - 5 days notice, and i can't always accommodate them. A couple have got quite cross, one as its for a soak off and as she put it, I did drill into her about not picking them off and now i can't fit her in:rolleyes:

Do you think clients have a right to be cross if you can't fit them in? I have offered several alternative times which THEY can't do, so I have tried.

Any tips on how to keep the clients from going elsewhere (or possibly biting their nails off in that ones case)?

I am in hair and only do 30 hours a week. I get booked up 5-8 weeks in advance. Mu clients know that in 6 weeks they will need their roots doing and so do not leave without re booking. I make it clear that if they need to check shifts etc then they need to give me at least months notice

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

They should be rebooking at their appointment to avoid disappointment. Stick this on all you advertising, make it clear. Then remind them that it states that, then it's their problem if they are not organised enough. Point out what a good and in demand technician you are.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
They are allowed to get cross, that's up to them. But there is only one of you and they will soon learn that more notice is required in order to get an appointment with you.

Try not to take on their emotional responses. Well done on the increase in business.

I've had the same problem. I've told my clients that I am getting really busy and they need to book ahead as soon as they know their schedule. That I am having clients that I can't fit in and it makes me sad I don't push the rebook but the seed is planted and they usually rebook. A lot of clients travel but now they call a few weeks ahead. I am booked out till July right now not solid but they are getting smarter.

They should be rebooking at their appointment to avoid disappointment. Stick this on all you advertising, make it clear. Then remind them that it states that, then it's their problem if they are not organised enough. Point out what a good and in demand technician you are.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I won't have anyone else do my hair or my eyebrows, so I get my assss in gear and it works. I book sometimes two appointments ahead to make sure I get in.

Some people need to learn what happens when you leave things too late, my Husband is one of these people. :rolleyes::biggrin:

I've lost clients because I'm so busy that sometimes it is three or four weeks before they can get an appointment. Some of them are so rude and say to me surely you can't be that busy, I get a bit annoyed inside but just smile and say sorry I'm afraid I am, that's why you need to book ahead

You are right, I need to make it clear how busy it is. Nicole that made me laugh, "they have a right to be cross, its up to them" lol, so true!

I am thrilled, I am almost at the point where I promised myself a cleaner to help with the housework! Yay!! I'd much rather do nails than clean :wink2:

You are right, I need to make it clear how busy it is. Nicole that made me laugh, "they have a right to be cross, its up to them" lol, so true!

I am thrilled, I am almost at the point where I promised myself a cleaner to help with the housework! Yay!! I'd much rather do nails than clean :wink2:

:D It's true, let them own their emotions and also let them keep them (it would be even better if they didn't verbalise them lol!) Loving the cleaner idea!

I have had the same problem. And I find that maybe one or two people go elsewhere but guess what?! They always come back to me, maybe not immediately but they do come back. Why? Because I pride myself in doing the best I can and I don't do stuff I am not good at is the best way to describe it.
So don't get upset or let it upset you! Be proud of yourself that you have become successful and people recognize that yor quality of work is so fabulous that you are fully booked! Congratulations! And clients will learn to book in advance, I even call my clients who havnt come for their full etc incase they trying to make it last longer and say I am full for next week or so bcoz of weddings etc I am only free on Thursday can yor nails last another week? Usually they can't so they re book. You must train your clients as my one lecturer advised me. It took awhile before I understood what she ment now i do.

Beauty at your finger tips!

I've seen a rise in business of about a third over the last couple of months and am obviously pleased with that!

(mostly due to advertising on facebook, if you were wondering, and related recommendations from that)

Anyway, the knock on effect is that people are phoning for appointments, giving me 3 - 5 days notice, and i can't always accommodate them. A couple have got quite cross, one as its for a soak off and as she put it, I did drill into her about not picking them off and now i can't fit her in:rolleyes:

Do you think clients have a right to be cross if you can't fit them in? I have offered several alternative times which THEY can't do, so I have tried.

Any tips on how to keep the clients from going elsewhere (or possibly biting their nails off in that ones case)?

You could sell her a soak off kit for when she cant make it in in time! No reason to pick off nails.

Latest posts

Back