When clients phone is it the price they don't like?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worthit

Reaction score
Hi All,

I need your help I recently put my gel nails up to £35 pound french and then £40 for plain but for this increase I include cuticle oil and a pre dry manicure (many don't do this around by me).

I had a client phone yesterday and went through all the options she had to have her new nails on explaining about infils etc etc and she seemed like she was gonna book but she didn't a "I'll get back to you" means no booking:rolleyes: I've learnt that much.

Should I do an offer with the infils? for example coz my infils are £25 say get the both for £50? but get the money upfront?:rolleyes: Heeeeeeeelp please I just don't know at the moment and It's really quiet at the moment so I can't afford for people not to book, It's not like I'm not heplful when they phone

Any help I really appreciate guys:hug:

Kate xx

My Gel Nails are £33 if they want quality they will pay the price you are asking, I had a client ring up yesterday for birthdays I send out a birthday voucher with £5 off any treatment over £15. anyway she rang and said how much for a set of Nails I told her £30 her reply

"Can you not do them any cheaper" !!!!!! :eek:

so I politely told her with her voucher they are £25 so she is getting them cheaper. She didnt book but I always say Buy cheap pay twice.

I wouldnt do an offer on your infills, infills and backfills are your bread and butter.

HtH

My Gel Nails are £33 if they want quality they will pay the price you are asking, I had a client ring up yesterday for birthdays I send out a birthday voucher with £5 off any treatment over £15. anyway she rang and said how much for a set of Nails I told her £30 her reply

"Can you not do them any cheaper" !!!!!! :eek:

so I politely told her with her voucher they are £25 so she is getting them cheaper. She didnt book but I always say Buy cheap pay twice.

I wouldnt do an offer on your infills, infills and backfills are your bread and butter.

HtH

Hi

Thanks for your reply to be honest I don't wanna discount them anyway coz out of all the treatments I do these take the longest and I put my hear and sole into them doing a pre manicure (not many do this where I live) so it makes me wonder what they do that makes them book with them as opposed to me when they can hear that I give them all the info on the phone should I just reduce my price to £30 again?:rolleyes:it's quiet at the mo so need bums on seats as my fella says:)

Thanks for your opinions

Kate xx

Hi All,

I need your help I recently put my gel nails up to £35 pound french and then £40 for plain but for this increase I include cuticle oil and a pre dry manicure (many don't do this around by me).

I had a client phone yesterday and went through all the options she had to have her new nails on explaining about infils etc etc and she seemed like she was gonna book but she didn't a "I'll get back to you" means no booking:rolleyes: I've learnt that much.

Should I do an offer with the infils? for example coz my infils are £25 say get the both for £50? but get the money upfront?:rolleyes: Heeeeeeeelp please I just don't know at the moment and It's really quiet at the moment so I can't afford for people not to book, It's not like I'm not heplful when they phone

Any help I really appreciate guys:hug:

Kate xx
Sorry I'm not quite understanding something.
You charge 35 for a french as is but charge 40 for plain that includes cuticle oil and a pre dry mani? Is this correct?
Call me stupid or maybe I'm having a moment but what is a pre dry manicure? I know what a dry manicure is and what prep is but.....

Last edited:
Sorry I'm not quite understanding something.
You charge 35 for a french as is but charge 40 for plain that includes cuticle oil and a pre dry mani? Is this correct?
Call me stupid or maybe I'm having a moment but what is a pre dry manicure?

French is the french tip £35 and £40 is plain tip £40 but both include cuticle oil and a pre dry manicure (cuticle work)

Kate x

I think you have to decide what you are happy to earn and not what you think they are worth, you can have a few clients that pay alot to keep you going or you can have many clients paying a lower price which is beneficial when the economy is slow as nails are the last luxury people are able to afford.

Also Im not sure about the wage where you live but those prices are equal to almost a days wage for the average person and although your service may be top notch your probably loosing clients to cheaper technicians coz in my opinion people tend to have the mentality 'if they look ok they'l do for a tenner less.'

Hope this helps you just need to strike a balance between your heart and your head!

ahh ok so you are using white tips, yes?
The way I have my prices setup is French is always $10 more than plain, but I dont use white tips. Cuticle work is always included in my prices as it is part of my standard prep work. ie: gently push eponychium back, remove all cuticle and other debris from the nailplate, remove shine, then scrubfresh/dehydrate. I always finish the service with cuticle oil and a hot flannel.

I understand your frustration at people not calling back as it happens to the best of us, but I have found that the less complicated the pricing structure/descriptions the more understandable it is for the customer/client.

I too am probably misunderstanding you so forgive me if I am barking up the wrong tree...

But is a pre dry manicure not just prep? You said cuticle work...what is it you do?
Also is the cuticle oil not just a standard application?

I am not say your prices are wrong...not at all....
I am just a tad confused....easily done for me....:lol:

I just feel you think the pre dry manicure and cuticle oil are extras...and I wondered why?

Bums on seats are always hard to find....no-one likes to part with their money these days !!!! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I too am probably misunderstanding you so forgive me if I am barking up the wrong tree...

But is a pre dry manicure not just prep? You said cuticle work...what is it you do?
Also is the cuticle oil not just a standard application?

I am not say your prices are wrong...not at all....
I am just a tad confused....easily done for me....:lol:

I just feel you think the pre dry manicure and cuticle oil are extras...and I wondered why?

Bums on seats are always hard to find....no-one likes to part with their money these days !!!! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes I do my cuticle work as part of my prep there are a lot of salons that don't do this by me so I feel I want to explain what I do.

Cuticle oil included means I include the bottle of cuticle oil not application as I know this is standard

Is this better?

Kate xx:)

Yes I do my cuticle work as part of my prep there are a lot of salons that don't do this by me so I feel I want to explain what I do.

Cuticle oil included means I include the bottle of cuticle oil not application as I know this is standard

Is this better?

Kate xx:)

Thanks Kate...

That explains things better....I wondered if you meant you included the bottle of oil....I just wasn't sure fom how you worded it :hug:

Well if there are salons in your area that don't do prep work...then surely their work is substandard?

It is hard to know when people phone and don't make an appointment...
I guess the only way to know would be to ask what it is that prevents them from making a booking with you before they put the phone down!!!
Not an easy task....

Have you found out how much other salons/mobile therapists are charging in your area?

Good luck....and thanks for clarifying things xxxxxxxx :hug:

Why are you charging more for your plain than your white tips?

For using white tips I think this does sound expensive (but it may not be in your area). What do your competitors charge?

it may well have also been just a competitor phoneing you to find out your costs.. maybe have special offers but dont lower your prices as it hard to put them up.. also if they are too low people dont think you are as good!

You need to see what is offered in your area and how much, then take a middle ground as far as pricing is concerned. Cheapest isn't always best.

I am actually slightly more expensive for what i offer in my area, but then i do a lot more than most in my area, plus i have done loads of training (including my Masters) and feel my service and time is worth the extra. I charge £35 for permanent french full set, £30 for clear and charge £25 for in fills.

If i get people who ask if they can have it cheaper, then i always say no because from experience, i have found these sort of clients are the ones who expect something for nothing and don't look after their nails. These sorts of clients tend to be the ones who go to the NSS places as they want cheap, not quality.

I don't want to attract these sorts of clients and i value my time and effort. Don't under sell yourself just to get bums on seats, they will be awkward and annoying bums, believe me.

Where in Wales are you hun??
I would charge more for a french than I would for a natural finish.

just a thought!

If the nail geeks on here are confused by your pricing and wording, then perhaps the 'punters' are totally confused about what you are offering.

Perhaps leave the jargon out and say for my service you will get a, b, c and d for £..xx. Then perhaps say that not many offer this in your area, so you are receiving a high quality professional treatment.

Im in Ireland and i charge €60 for a full set with french tip and €35 for infills, In Dublin they charge €85-€90 for full sets of gel nails now and about €55 for infills because its the capital seriously exspensive, i think your cheap to be honest and a free bottle of cuticle oil the feckers are gettin a bargin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you putting white product (L&P or gel) on top of the white tips or are you using clear product over your white tips? What do you charge for your infills?

If I remember rightly Oey, from a previous thread, it's white tips with a clear overlay, charged out at less because it takes less time as the tips don't have to be blended. Please correct me if I'm wrong worthit lol.

Latest posts

Back